• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

open moan about the cold.

L

larrydk

Drove to Tennesse to get wife her "new" bike. Had two decent days, now it's in the 30's in the AM. Come on everyone, do sme warm weather dancing, need a week of 50's still. I know, I'm a wimp.....but Chicago weather....eeer.

57 Sat 64 Sun 30% rain this weekend............

Ride on!!!!!!

:eat

About the cold...

So I've only been a beemer owner for less then a year. When I got my Kbike and read through the owners manual it talked about the "choke". Mine says to put it on 1/2 choke when the temp is around 50 degrees and full choke when below freezing. Would that not suggest these cycles can be run in the cold weather? So the bikes are not the problem it is the riders that need to enjoy this season of riding. How many cold weather/ winter riders are out there?

i'm sure no one on this thread wants to hear this, but it was 53 this morning and is 68 right now. :whistle

i'll prob be cursed with rain for bragging, but i'll put in a few extra miles for you guys while the weathers nice down here in charleston. :bliss

Would that not suggest these cycles can be run in the cold weather? So the bikes are not the problem it is the riders that need to enjoy this season of riding. How many cold weather/ winter riders are out there?

Exactly so! You are on to something ; )

Even more coldweather/winter riders here:

http://www.yearroundriders.com/

Those gals/guys are crazy! I only ride in the snow on my birthday!;)

Voni
sMiling

63 here at 8:40 AM with a high of 93 today. Yesterday was 96, and the rumor is we are cooling off to 80's by the end of the week, with 50 degree lows.

Temps

It was 37 this morning and is up to 39 now (noon CST). The wind is blowing around 20-25 mph with gusts reaching 35 or so. Yesterday the wind gusts were hitting 50 mph. Supposed to be better tomorrow!

Cold?

Would ride year 'round if traction was available. Was out last Sunday for nearly 2 hours at about 38-40 degrees. A few layers top and bottom plus the electric vest.

At this time of year the back roads around here are nearly deserted since the leaf peepers are gone and no skiers until mid-December. The leaves off the trees mean that deer and especially moose are easier to spot. So this is some of the best riding.

As it gets colder, I stay alert to water on the road and potential ice. But dress accordingly and- no problem. The winter is long enough around here so I wait until the last possible day and get some great rides in.

To ride or Not to Ride, that is the question

35 this am in Northeast Oklahoma and high 56 this afternoon but promising 75 by Saturday.. Yesterday was 55 in the AM and 78 by 3pm..

If you are dressed right.. ride.. if not... Stay HOME!!

Have fun

So I've only been a beemer owner for less then a year. When I got my Kbike and read through the owners manual it talked about the "choke". Mine says to put it on 1/2 choke when the temp is around 50 degrees and full choke when below freezing. Would that not suggest these cycles can be run in the cold weather? So the bikes are not the problem it is the riders that need to enjoy this season of riding. How many cold weather/ winter riders are out there?

Count me in! It was about 30 this morning and I thought I heard it would be 22 overnight. So much for so-called Global Warming.

Cold isn't a problem. At least this morning, I still don't need long john's.

There are several issues with cold weather riding beyond making sure there isn't exposed skin:

1) People are even less likely to be looking for a bike.

2) ICE!!!!!

3) The state of our bikes. Specifically, the batterys and charging system and the ignition system.

Always have a Plan B and ideally a Plan C if you break down.

Have fun!

Regards,

Randy Kasal

Minnesota. Enough said about the temps we have here in land o sweden

What gets me worse here in the Northland is the lack of sunlight

Daylight savings time screws with the head...
Now instead of my usual wake up at 5:15, my head wakes up at 4:15...

Can't sleep, Freezen cold...brrrr.

Minnesota. Enough said about the temps we have here in land o sweden

What gets me worse here in the Northland is the lack of sunlight

Daylight savings time screws with the head...
Now instead of my usual wake up at 5:15, my head wakes up at 4:15...

Can't sleep, Freezen cold...brrrr.

But you're still riding, right? That's what counts!

Regards,

Randy Kasal

Back