• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Side case identification

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member
What brand are these side cases?

This was part of the '73 /5 recent rescue project collection of fiberglass.

Any pics of some mounted? No brackets other than a round 3/8 round multi- bend piece that was hanging over the tail light bracket...no mounting holes, looks like a cross brace and may go in the holes under the running lights... It's in the picture as well.The left case has a rubber grommet in the hole you can see.

Attachments

• P9300123.jpg
    P9300123.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 175
  • P9300119.jpg
    P9300119.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 173
Thanks Kurt,
That's what they look like after visiting that site. I have one of those blinker assy's as well, wondered what it was for.

I worked on this project back in 1979 and I thought they were the ugliest saddlebags I had ever seen then. I never had a set on my /5 and caught flak from Vetter management about it; a prime example of design by committee.

But I think the Dan Browns just usurped my claim.

vetter  bags.jpg

They are a bit odd looking and I don't plan on putting them on the /5...that Vetter looks like 70's Star Trek influenced for sure. I see an Enterprise shuttlecraft :D

Attachments

• STAR TREK SHUTTLECRAFT.jpg
    STAR TREK SHUTTLECRAFT.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 72
Maybe those Vetter saddlebags provide warp speed capabilities to the /5?? Beemer me up, Scotty? :hide

I worked on this project back in 1979 and I thought they were the ugliest saddlebags I had ever seen then. I never had a set on my /5 and caught flak from Vetter management about it; a prime example of design by committee.

Whew! I hope you were being paid really good, otherwise "going postal" comes to mind.

They are a bit odd looking and I don't plan on putting them on the /5...that Vetter looks like 70's Star Trek influenced for sure. I see an Enterprise shuttlecraft :D

That's funny. I'm thinking Millenium Falcon! The Lego one though... :laugh

7190_brickset.jpg

Back