• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Obscuring an image?

PattiB

Patti B
Is there an easy way to obscure an image within a photo? I have seen this where folks blur either their license plate or someone's face in a photo. I am using a free trial of SmugMug right now, but I can't seem to find a tool to do that.

Thanks!

Not sure about smugmug, but if using windows, the standard paintbrush program will allow you to do it, as will almost any photo editing software. If using paintbrush, just be sure to save it as a JPEG, it likes to default to its own format.

Thanks!

Not sure about smugmug, but if using windows, the standard paintbrush program will allow you to do it, as will almost any photo editing software. If using paintbrush, just be sure to save it as a JPEG, it likes to default to its own format.

Cool! Thank you!

SmugMug is only for hosting your completed image, not for editing the image, except for some cropping tools when printing.

SmugMug is only for hosting your completed image, not for editing the image, except for some cropping tools when printing.

Not exactly, there's many tools available to edit photos already uploaded.

Good luck Patti!

5) Picmonkey: Funky Photo Editing

http://news.smugmug.com/2012/04/20/...tm_source=smugtips&utm_content=holiday2012-04

Picmonkey may be our (unintentionally) best-kept secret. But if you havenÔÇÖt already tried this smart, sassy tool to edit your SmugMug photos, run ÔÇô donÔÇÖt walk ÔÇô to your nearest Tools button and find it now.

i-fBS45h6-M.jpg

ItÔÇÖs built right into every SmugMug gallery and you can do everything from basic exposure correction and redeye fix to adding graphics, words, textures, frames and filters. And more. Tons, tons more.

i-xVMDckT.jpg

ItÔÇÖs totally free to use ÔÇö even their premium features, since theyÔÇÖre still the new kid on the block.

Back