• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Anonymous Book app,

brownie0486

Got an email from the MOA that, among other articles, said this about the MOA Annon app

"All you have to do is open the app's menu and tap "Refresh Data" before your trip and you'll have the most up-to-date Anonymous info at your fingertips should trouble arise while you're on the road."

For the life of me, I can't find the apps menu, I'd like to refresh the data.

Thanks

No "Refresh" anywhere I can find. Nor any indication of the age of the data I do have.

Using the Android version.

I inquired about that and was informed that the announcement of the updated app, with the refresh feature, got out before the actual release of the app. So, a bit of patience is probably called for.

Best,
DeVern

Thanks for that info! As per usual, the default will soon be eLectronic.
Hope the geniuses in the Head-Shed will "Push-to-Test" before widely available.
I mean, Sheeeeesh.

Hasta la vista Baby!
HSV-Phil + HSV-Karen
'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

My app has the refresh data option. On the main page click the three short horizontal lines in the upper right corner(menu). The refresh data is the third option on the page the menu page that pops up.

That menu in the most recent Android version, 1..0.13, released last April, offers only BMW MOA Info, Members Listing Codes, and Logout.

Oh well, have not needed the book yet, and probably will not be riding far until spring.

My app drops right into the page where I have to select a state. So I searched and/or selected a state. That brought up a screen where I needed to drop into the listings or dealers/clubs. Up in the right hand corner are the three bars Ken mentioned. However when that is selected, I only have "BMW MOA Info", "Members Listing Codes", and "Logout".

Maybe the fix for now is to delete the app and redownload?? :dunno

-- update -- Larry types faster than I do!!

My app drops right into the page where I have to select a state. So I searched and/or selected a state. That brought up a screen where I needed to drop into the listings or dealers/clubs. Up in the right hand corner are the three bars Ken mentioned. However when that is selected, I only have "BMW MOA Info", "Members Listing Codes", and "Logout".

Maybe the fix for now is to delete the app and redownload?? :dunno

-- update -- Larry types faster than I do!!

Your experience above is what I get tapping the upper right hand 3 bars as well.

Once they upgrade the app, the update should be available on my Android. I have no inclination to delete and redownload the app. A simple update would be preferred like every other app I use. And if it's been updated for those just downloading it, others who've had it on their phones should have gotten notice an update was available.

I've checked the app updates page on my phone, and the bmw annon app has NOT been listed as being available for update.

I have no inclination to delete and redownload the app.

I agree. I wrote that before I saw what Larry posted and went to check the play store. There is nothing new over what we already downloaded.

That is the Android version. Is there a different version for the iPhone? Any better?

BTW...if you don't mind, I'm going to change the thread title to reflect that this is the Anonymous Book app...I don't know of others right now, but just thought I'd make it clear to the casual stroller on the forum!

I guess we won’t know until someone deletes and reinstalls the app we won’t know how the features render on the page.
OM

I guess we won’t know until someone deletes and reinstalls the app we won’t know how the features render on the page.
OM

The Apple App store shows version 1.4 was added yesterday. I shall delete and reinstall.

Update: Version 1.4 has the refresh option in the Menu.

The Apple App store shows version 1.4 was added yesterday. I shall delete and reinstall.

I just updated the iOS app on my iPad (without deleting) and the refresh option showed up and seemed to work fine.

I installed it for the first time on my Android phone and it is not there. Seems that platform is not updated yet.

Thanks for being software guinea pigs! I guess we now know what's going on behind the scenes! :thumb

:thumb
This is something that is sometimes needed due to the integration and over-lay during an update especially with “smaller” distributed apps. Kinda like a small update to a recent major operating system update.
yeah, I know sometimes you wish you could “go back”.
OM

You know, I like the idea of an app, but really want a book. I didn't send in my card though, as I do not remember what boxes I checked, and do not want to re-check any. I totally trust tech, but having that book in my tank bag makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

John -

You could wade through the "tech" on the MOA homepage and look at your profile...your current preferences for the AB should be listed.

I just opened the app on my iPad, which is set to do background updates of apps. The “Refresh Data” command is in the menu, as is the “Motorcycle News” command which will give me something to read while I’m waiting for a fellow member to arrive and render assistance. :D
So yes, the update is rolling out!

Edit: and after scrolling down in the Motorcycle News section I see there’s a Rider Magazine review of the new R18. Nice!

Best,
DeVern

I deleted the app on my Android phone and reinstalled.
There is no refresh option.

I deleted the app on my Android phone and reinstalled.
There is no refresh option.

Yeah, as soon as Larry noted the version he had installed and then saw that the play store version was the same, that indicated that deleting/reinstalling wasn't going to accomplish much.

Back