• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

OK .... you guys realize my Costco Oil post was simply to add some levity and just a joke. :wave

Now about this 2021 Rally .... :dance

OK .... you guys realize my Costco Oil post was simply to add some levity and just a joke. :wave

Now about this 2021 Rally .... :dance

We're just tee-ing up Mr. Glaves's patented response to using diesel truck oil in a motorcycle.......

It's coming, you just have to wait.....

Then, we're back to Fargo 2022

We're just tee-ing up Mr. Glaves's patented response to using diesel truck oil in a motorcycle.......

LOL ... yes ... it seems with Paul all roads lead to Fargo :nod

No matter how you look at it 2022 and 2023 should be some GREAT events! In addition to anniversary editions of bikes ... the 2021 40th anniversary edition of the GS's and then I am sure there will be some 2023 100th anniversary edition BMW Motorcycles and just coincidently when my 2016 RT may need replacing :dance[/QUOTE

Just 8 measly months from now, if we include the 2021 summer riding season and the Montana Rally along with year 22/23 events... that's a trifecta!!!

And I'll just take a wag, that a BMW 100th Anniversary model of the RT may be in the works.
Because of it's forthcoming updates/design (MY2021) and importance to the marque.

No matter how you look at it 2022 and 2023 should be some GREAT events! In addition to anniversary editions of bikes ... the 2021 40th anniversary edition of the GS's and then I am sure there will be some 2023 100th anniversary edition BMW Motorcycles and just coincidently when my 2016 RT may need replacing :dance[/QUOTE

Just 8 measly months from now, if we include the 2021 summer riding season and the Montana Rally along with year 22/23 events... that's a trifecta!!!

And I'll just take a wag, that a BMW 100th Anniversary model of the RT may be in the works.
Because of it's forthcoming updates/design (MY2021) and importance to the marque.

Funny I was just telling my dealer to let me know as soon as he hears anything about 100th anniversary editions. You know they are coming.

Somebody is going to have to explain the Fargo joke to me, because it keep coming up, and I just don't get it...

Greg... I think I’m going to have to make a motion that former Presidents whose initials are Greg Feeler, must be limited to no more than 3000 word forum posts... dude seriously, I am awed by your keyboard stamina. Is there a little blue pill available that will allow me to wax as poetically as you?

So, is my level of verbosity something you want to aspire to, or completely avoid? Classes are available. Did you read it all, including the part with a secret code to get a free milk shake at McDonalds? :D Yes, that was a long post, and yet, it is such a complex and convoluted topic I just touched on the larger issues, and then only by reference. It's beyond a mess.

Somebody is going to have to explain the Fargo joke to me, because it keep coming up, and I just don't get it...

Burbank was to the Johnny Carson show as Fargo is to the MOA

I do believe, it even pre-dates Fargo's Woodchipper claims to fame.

I don't actually recall criticizing T6 now that BMW specifies viscosities that are available in T6. My main beef has always been folks compromising by using out-of-spec viscosity diesel oil just because it was cheap.

As for Fargo, as they say in those parts, "Ya betcha".

:ear We are listening.

Fargo is just the perfect place for a rally. Everybody knows that. It is cooler than Bloomsburg. The elevation is only a few hundred feet so old guys with lung and heart issues can walk around there OK. It is easy for the west coast guys to get to. The east coast folks can find it even when their GPSs don't work. You can visit the missile silo museum near Cooperstown. The roads are straight so fewer riders will crash by the rally site. What more do you need?

I don't actually recall criticizing T6 now that BMW specifies viscosities that are available in T6. My main beef has always been folks compromising by using out-of-spec viscosity diesel oil just because it was cheap.

As for Fargo, as they say in those parts, "Ya betcha".

Burst my little balloon........

So, is my level of verbosity something you want to aspire to, or completely avoid? Classes are available. Did you read it all, including the part with a secret code to get a free milk shake at McDonalds? :D Yes, that was a long post, and yet, it is such a complex and convoluted topic I just touched on the larger issues, and then only by reference. It's beyond a mess.

I couldn’t read it all... my eyes crossed after the 15 chapter. I got half way through and had enough information to rule the world... why go on after that?

I couldn’t read it all... my eyes crossed after the 15 chapter. I got half way through and had enough information to rule the world... why go on after that?

Oh, so you didn't get to the part where I reveal the secret of how to turn lead into gold? :twirl

Fargo is just the perfect place for a rally. Everybody knows that. It is cooler than Bloomsburg. The elevation is only a few hundred feet so old guys with lung and heart issues can walk around there OK. It is easy for the west coast guys to get to. The east coast folks can find it even when their GPSs don't work. You can visit the missile silo museum near Cooperstown. The roads are straight so fewer riders will crash by the rally site. What more do you need?

Well... free beer on Friday and it has my vote!

Back