• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

rack over seat 2016 R1200RT

rick601

Can anyone suggest search terms or products for a rack to tie stuff down that rides over or replaces the passenger seat on my R1200RT? I'm sure there are "related threads" and discussions here but I don't even know what terms to search...seat rack? rack on passenger seat (pics of hot pillions naked?)I am often frustrated by the lack of tiedown places on that bike for my rubber duffel and Kreiga pack. I've managed but it always seems jury-rigged half assed looking.

yes- you got some wheels a churning...or is it turning?

Funny I have that second one on my harley- the good one is made by motherwell (?) twice the price- of course. The Wonderlich gives me some ideas.

Rack over seat

Can anyone suggest search terms or products for a rack to tie stuff down that rides over or replaces the passenger seat on my R1200RT? I'm sure there are "related threads" and discussions here but I don't even know what terms to search...seat rack? rack on passenger seat (pics of hot pillions naked?)I am often frustrated by the lack of tiedown places on that bike for my rubber duffel and Kreiga pack. I've managed but it always seems jury-rigged half assed looking.

How about this https://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Sargent-Rear-Rack-R12RRS/

Mark

It looks like that Sargent seat product is a great option, if it fits the RT passenger seat. Nice find though.

It looks like that Sargent seat product is a great option, if it fits the RT passenger seat. Nice find though.

Yeah- I saw that too except:
Site doesn't mention RT...:

BMW R Bikes
R 1200 R (15+) / R 1200 RS (14+)
Sargent Rear Rack R12R/RS
R 1200 R / R 1200 RS

Kinda pricey too- but that we expect! ($305)

BMR Products made an excellent flatbed luggage rack for the '05 - '13 RTs. I had one on my '12 and it was one of the best farkles I had (the Mrs. doesn't ride with me, so no worries about sacrificing the pillion seat). I see now that the BMR website domain is up for sale, so I'm assuming he's not going to manufacture a rack for the WC RTs. Pitty.

Back