• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Seeking recommendations on best bluetooth helmet headsets - preferably A2DP.

andrewsi

Geeeeeeeeek.
I'd like to add an in-helmet BT headset to my Arai Quantum2 (full face.) I'm looking for recommendations as to the best way to go on this to receive audio from a Zumo 550, cellphone, and preferably MP3 player as well. Obviously the reason I'm specifying BT is minimize the amount of wiring necessary.

I've read reviews of the Cardo Scala Rider 2 at WBW as well as several other manufacturers, I'm just looking to see if anyone has had a good experience with any of these yet, and in particular, if any yet have A2DP stereo audio support.

Thanks!

I would recommend NOT getting the BlueAnt headsets. I used those for a little while and found them adequate as an intercom, but users of the Cardo units report much better performance in several areas (general design, battery life, ease of use, etc.). As for stereo input, I can't help you.

Easiest way to get BlueTooth on a Helmet would be a Felt Marker. that way you can pick the shade of Blue you like.

:stick

I'd like to add an in-helmet BT headset to my Arai Quantum2 (full face.) I'm looking for recommendations as to the best way to go on this to receive audio from a Zumo 550, cellphone, and preferably MP3 player as well. Obviously the reason I'm specifying BT is minimize the amount of wiring necessary.

I've read reviews of the Cardo Scala Rider 2 at WBW as well as several other manufacturers, I'm just looking to see if anyone has had a good experience with any of these yet, and in particular, if any yet have A2DP stereo audio support.

Thanks!

I have the cardo scala rider II and have been very happy with the performance. FWIW, I have attended many of my early morning meetings with my offshore team while riding in to work and talking on the bluetooth:dance Folks on the other end cannot realize that the call was taken while riding a bike.

The zumo 550 is BT 1.0 and NOT stereo, so you cannot get stereo music using a BT headset. I found this out the hard way using a Cardo Scala BT headset, and the BMW zumo (a 550 of sorts) and on the zumoforum, not here.

My BMW zumo was cashed out and went back to BMW with my lemoned out F800S, so if and when I add a GPS to the replacement I got, I will use a wired headset for better BT telephone sound and mp3 audio both. I could never get good sound from the Cardo, after 75 mph, anyway. Also, the BT headset lasts about 5 hours max on a charge, so I hope you never need to ride longer than that with one.

Unless something has changed recently, the Scala Rider setup does not support A2DP... you have to run a wire from the MP3 player to the Scala Rider. Scala Rider has great noise cancellation for phone calls.

I had the BTS300 setup that supported A2DP... while the stereo quality was great the noise cancellation was TERRIBLE. I would not recommend this one.

Currently I have the Chatterbox XBi. Noise cancellation is as good if not better than the Scala Rider I had. It does support A2DP, so I'm completely wireless with great sound quality.

Appears that Autocom is coming out with some wireless stuff after the first of the year. Nothing on their out-of-date web site yet, but you might want to wait a couple of weeks and check it again. Have read elsewhere that the 2009 brochure will be up on the UK site within two weeks. NOT the U. S. site. www.autocom.co.uk

Back