• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Replace '07 RT ESA Shocks

Asked that very question of an established 'shocks' vendor at the Sedalia Rally, reference my '05 R1200RT. He stated when they begin to leak or groan, and not before.

"If they're not leakin' or squeakin,' don't be freakin.'"

He doesn't make as much money with that slogan, but I appreciate his honesty.

Mileage irrelevant.

Replace 07 ESA Shocks

I also don't subssribe to the "they are all worn out at 25k" theory. My 2010 RT has 93k on the ESA shocks, they are a little tired but definitely NOT shot. I now use the Sport setting above 65 mph, where I used to use Normal. I'll get the shocks replaced this Winter, and keep the ESA units on the new shocks.

Are you going to replace with OEM shocks? Do a review once you change them if you can. I want to upgrade mine but want to keep the ESA for sure.

tsp
My Blog: http://www.swriding.blogspot.com

I also don't subssribe to the "they are all worn out at 25k" theory. My 2010 RT has 93k on the ESA shocks, they are a little tired but definitely NOT shot. I now use the Sport setting above 65 mph, where I used to use Normal. I'll get the shocks replaced this Winter, and keep the ESA units on the new shocks.

Replace 07 ESA Shocks

BMW won't sell just the shocks, you would have to buy the whole unit including ESA, over $3500. Works will put there shocks under my ESA units for about $1700. So that's my plan.

Are you going to purchase original equipment or have rebuilt or aftermarket?
The last time I looked into it the factory shocks for my 08 RT were what $4000?
That is rediculous!

Are you going to purchase original equipment or have rebuilt or aftermarket?
The last time I looked into it the factory shocks for my 08 RT were what $4000?
That is rediculous!

Wished I had kept his business card. Was being quoted less than $1k.

(Might have been EPM Performace?)

Last edited:
Back