• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Side panel removal for 2018 s1000xr

terryjj1

hi

anyone have any video on how this can be done without damaging the paneling?:dunno
i searched the internet and found nothing but some vague notes on how it's done....I would much prefer to actually SEE it being done....

I have some aux lighting I need to connect up but the panels must first be removed and i would hate to snap one of the panels...:violin

thanks eh!

hi

anyone have any video on how this can be done without damaging the paneling?:dunno
i searched the internet and found nothing but some vague notes on how it's done....I would much prefer to actually SEE it being done....

I have some aux lighting I need to connect up but the panels must first be removed and i would hate to snap one of the panels...:violin

thanks eh!

This is a late reply and you may have found what you wanted already, but I have seen an article on XR panel removal on Web Bike World from October, 2017. I don’t know for sure, but it doesn’t look like there were any major body panel changes through the ‘18 models. This may be the link: https://www.webbikeworld.com/BMW-s1000xr-fairing-panel-removal/

Back