• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tires at 22 Springfield Rally

Just off I44 on the west side of StL ( Fenton,Mo) is MotoTire USA. Good selection tires and decent prices with mounting. This is the service store for NoMar tire changers. They are approx 200 miles from rally. If you make an appointment you won’t have to waste an entire day at the rally waiting to get tires mounted. MotoTire used to be at the rally , don’t know if they are going to be at Springfield though. 888-976-6686

If you're willing to go to Fenton, consider Dave Clark's shop in Pacific MO also off of I-44. Called Forever Endeavor Cycles. He's been supporting BMWs for many years after his service with BMW of St Louis when they were downtown. He can talk /2s and the newest bikes. His shop is also interesting to see what he has on the floor. Good people.

Not sure where you are in Ohio, but that's not far from Missouri.... personally I'd start out with new tires because of all the hassle with getting tires on the road, at the rally or anywhere else. Squeezing a few hundred more miles out of some nearly-worn tires doesn't seem worth it.

jmo...

personally I'd start out with new tires because of all the hassle with getting tires on the road, at the rally or anywhere else. Squeezing a few hundred more miles out of some nearly-worn tires doesn't seem worth it.

jmo...

That's how I like to do it.

Not sure where you are in Ohio, but that's not far from Missouri.... personally I'd start out with new tires because of all the hassle with getting tires on the road, at the rally or anywhere else. Squeezing a few hundred more miles out of some nearly-worn tires doesn't seem worth it.

jmo...

On a trip to and from the BMW MOA rally I couldn't agree more. But, there is always a but. :) When we have spent a couple of months riding to the Rally and then other places (example, Tennessee, Virginia, the Yukon, Washington, New Mexico every now and then we need a tire during the trip even if the tires were new when we left Texas.

On another forum a person used the Contact US form to ask about tires.
He was told Dunlop will be on site installing Dunlop tires.

On another forum a person used the Contact US form to ask about tires.
He was told Dunlop will be on site installing Dunlop tires.

Dunlop should give us contact info to find out cost and make appt for the correct tire we want.

Rod

Last edited:
The Dunlop people were mounting tires like crazy last year at the GF rally and they were also mounting tires from other brands toward the end as there was nobody else doing it.
Personally I get brand-new tires before a long trip and don't have to worry about getting tires at a rally, specially when there is so much else to see and do..YMMV

I have extra wheels for my motorcycles & I always leave on trips with fresh tires. My high mileage tires are for local rides.

jmo...
We're taking an 8500 mile trip in July and the most we've ever gotten on tires was around 6k. Usually 5k is our norm. Western NC roads eat tires but give back a lot of smiles. The OP could do what we are doing, we have a set of tires waiting at a BMW dealer 5500 miles into our trip, and a day set aside to go there and have them mounted. I don't care if they are wore out or if they still look great, peace of mind knowing we have new tires for the rest of the trip is worth it.

Back