• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

DeSimone BMW New Jersey - Closing!

H

haddoncoach

:cryBad news South Jersey - our shop DeSimone BMW is closing by Thanksgiving 2009. Many of us have been loyal customers/friends for many years through several moves but the economy has finally caught up with our favorite shop. I don't know what those of us who have come to depend on Rob K, Rob, Joe, Alan etc are going to do without them. More than out loss I hope everyone at the shop will be OK in landing another position somewhere else. You will be missed and you are appreciated by all of us.

I'm not sure if this is going to help you South Jersey guys, but the "new BMW" dealer will be Montgomeryville Cycle in SE Pa on Rt 309 about 20 min north of the Ft Washington interchange of the PA Turnpike. They were a BMW dealer 20 years ago. I believe they'll start somewhere around the 1st of the year. They already have a section of their showroom cleared out for BMW.

Montgomeryville

I remember Montgomeryville well. They sponsored the first few Ironbutt Rallies back in the early 1980's. I rode a Triumph Trident in '85 and '86. Large dealership with lots of hard working folks. I wish them well.

Agree on the loss, and the best wishes for all the staff. Apparently it's just not the time to grow a dealership the way Mike DeSimone tried to. The perfect storm of declining motorcycle sales, increasing expenses and taxes.

FWIW: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=39889 - they are closed now - no longer "closing".

Well, thanks for the best wishes. I worked at DeSimone part time, now I work at Barb's HD in Camden County on Sat. and Sun. Different crowd, but it pays the bills...
Ron

I'm not sure if this is going to help you South Jersey guys, but the "new BMW" dealer will be Montgomeryville Cycle in SE Pa on Rt 309 about 20 min north of the Ft Washington interchange of the PA Turnpike. They were a BMW dealer 20 years ago. I believe they'll start somewhere around the 1st of the year. They already have a section of their showroom cleared out for BMW.

Montgomeryville Cycle Center will have its Open House Friday, March 19th from 6 to 9pm.

http://www.montgomeryvillecc.com/

Regards,

Clay
Kimberton,Pa.

BMW in Bucks County, PA

That is interesting news for me. They are about 30 minutes from home and 10 minutes from work. However, I have been dealing with Hermy's since I bought my RT and I like them. That gives me a tough choice.

Back