• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1200S brake pedal photos needed

gtrider

Does anyone have close-up photos of the K1300S brake pedal, showing the shape of the lever? A shot showing the orientation or relationship between the brake pedal and master cylinder would help, too. I’m wondering if a K1200S/K1300S pedal can be fitted to a K13GT as part of a peg lowering project.

Thanks,
DeVern

K1200S brake pedal photo needed

Thank you, Lee! Looks like the K13S uses the same pedal as the K13GT, and I just verified that at RealOEM. I’m hoping to get a pic of a K12S brake pedal to see if it looks like the photo below, and to assess whether or not that pedal could be fitted to the K13GT. I need to update the thread title, if I can. Thx again,
DeVern

5F9735C8-1E4B-4256-A803-3C08F3FD9BEB.jpeg

I have a picture on my 1200S brake pedal but can't upload due to it being 4.9 mb. Any hints on how to reduce its size? You could PM me your email address and I could send it to you that way.

I have a picture on my 1200S brake pedal but can't upload due to it being 4.9 mb. Any hints on how to reduce its size? You could PM me your email address and I could send it to you that way.

What computer operating system are you using? Windows has a Paint App which lets you load a picture and resize it. Save the resized to a new name and upload that.

What computer operating system are you using? Windows has a Paint App which lets you load a picture and resize it. Save the resized to a new name and upload that.

Thanks! Looks like you know what you're talking about. :laugh

Brake Pedal 1.jpg

Pardon the dirt - just got back from a trip!

Looks like the K13S uses the same pedal as the K13GT, and I just verified that at RealOEM.
Pedals have different part numbers. From the picture I see, they are not the same. This is a brake pedal from a K1300GT. I put Suburban Machinery lowering pegs on my K13GT. I bought a brake lever on eBay and took it to work and the machine shop heated it and bent it 1". Works perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Peg1.jpg
    Peg1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 36
Correct, the S models use a different brake pedal (35217707302) than the GT models (46717680046), as well as a different stop mechanism. Rather than bend a lever I will likely just modify the stop to get the pedal where I want it. This is the first BMW I’ve had that did not have adjustment on the pedal height, which becomes a factor if one’s ankle has a temporary or permanent range-of-motion limitation.

Best,
DeVern

Back