• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Most interesting moment or event of the rally?

Apology

I digress, this whole discussion is far from being about beemers! I am fairly new to MOA and cannot believe after attending this Rally (my first ) this is creating such noise, heck ya'all are louder than my stock GT pipes on the subject. Everyone I met was friendly, engaging, excited to be there and talk bikes, what a great time!

Drubery, on behalf of many MOA members, I apologize! I've been thinking alot about this forum and the conversations that have been taking place in the past few days and I find I am somewhat embarrassed on behalf of the MOA and it's members. If I were a Noob to this group, I probably would not return. The behaviour and opinions of a few are not an indication of the group as a whole.

Friends are Family but do we really need to be so dysfunctional??? Come on, folks...we just shared a fantastic week together. Why ruin the afterglow? Thank a volunteer, remember the new friends you made, or plan to stay home next year.

From the Moderator Team
For those of you that have been following this thread you will see that is now missing a few posts. This is in response to a disruptive post that has also been taken care of.
An unfortunate result of this is the loss of some excellent, supportive posting that should make everyone proud to be a MOA member and epitomizes what the Club is about.
Thank you all for your cooperation and ride safe. The Mod Team

Since we knew once the rally started we wouldn't really be doing much riding we headed out to Bloomsburg early.

One of the interesting things we got to do was ride the Millersburg Ferry to cross the Susquehanna river. It was funny that with all the high tech ways we use to communicate today, a simple open or closed door across the river is still an effective way to signal the ferry driver.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pLd8qruaG_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also want to immensely thank STATDAWG for hooking me up with some amazing routes, roads and rides in his neck of the woods. Coming from Long Island, I could only guess on Google Maps which roads would make riding there and back enjoyable. STATDAWG made our weekend with suggested roads that had me giggling from ear to ear, for hours on end. Thanks a million! Wouldn't have been the same without your help and advice.

Because it's NOT the natural state of order.

Some people like chocolate while others like vanilla.

Some people like BMWs while others like Harleys.

Some people like the North while others like the South.

Some people like women while others like men.

What difference does it make? As long as people are happy with their lives and it doesn't negatively impact me or my family, it is of no concern to me.

Too bad

From the Moderator Team
For those of you that have been following this thread you will see that is now missing a few posts. This is in response to a disruptive post that has also been taken care of.
An unfortunate result of this is the loss of some excellent, supportive posting that should make everyone proud to be a MOA member and epitomizes what the Club is about.
Thank you all for your cooperation and ride safe. The Mod Team

It is too bad the posts were removed; they went a long way to show who not to pitch a tent near at the next rally.

It is too bad a Mod was not around to censor that redneck who had the stage. His comments were as bad if not worse.

Hearing Sister Sparrow on Thursday night was a treat - I purchased their CD upon returning home.

And on the way back home our group had a nice encounter. Most of the ride to and fro, and the time at the rally were quite warm. However, around Altoona, Pa. on the return we got some cool air coupled with some very scenic countryside. For about the next hour's ride we were in some of the nicest motorcycle riding country and weather that one could want. That part of the ride just about made the whole trip worthwhile.

Thanks Newstar!

Drubery, on behalf of many MOA members, I apologize! I've been thinking alot about this forum and the conversations that have been taking place in the past few days and I find I am somewhat embarrassed on behalf of the MOA and it's members. If I were a Noob to this group, I probably would not return. The behaviour and opinions of a few are not an indication of the group as a whole.

Friends are Family but do we really need to be so dysfunctional??? Come on, folks...we just shared a fantastic week together. Why ruin the afterglow? Thank a volunteer, remember the new friends you made, or plan to stay home next year.

Newstar, thanks. I am not quick to condemn the behavior of a few as the ways of the many or even the one.

As a first timer the whole rally experience was awesome!!! The roads through PA to get there, the vendor bling, the organization and support at Airhead Central.... I could go on.

But the most interesting moment?? Hearing Captain Zydeco play some Grateful Dead:violin

Jerry Lives:dance

Since we knew once the rally started we wouldn't really be doing much riding we headed out to Bloomsburg early.

One of the interesting things we got to do was ride the Millersburg Ferry to cross the Susquehanna river. It was funny that with all the high tech ways we use to communicate today, a simple open or closed door across the river is still an effective way to signal the ferry driver.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pLd8qruaG_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was a GS BS point on one of the Adventure Detour rides to the rally. it looks like fun! :thumb

Back