• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Should we tell them... ?

Am kinda slow tonight...……???......Does the mystery just deepen or do I get some help?...…….Thanks...…..Dennis

But the owner is probably planning on installing a BMW engine in the rig. Yeah, yeah that's our story and we are sticking to it.

Friedle

It says- "A sidehack riding the Silverado Trail in Napa Vally". Looks like a Member's picture.

I'm happy the rider isn't trying to outrun a fire :eek

attachment.php

OM

from Planet Dirt

Not used to side cars but I have always liked them, even before I liked motorcycles. My all time favorite is the BMW R 75.
Made originally ( of course ) by BMW for the German Army. This bike's technology for the year was amazing,.......at the point that the American Army wanted one and asked Harley Davidson to build one ...........but at the end the JEEP was the all terrain vehicle of choice and killed the potential development of an American Motorcycle with side car.
I think the bike was designed and a few of them were tested, but as soon as the Army optioned for the Jeep, the project ended.
......if BMW re-designs and start selling R 75s again..........my wife will not have an excuse to ride with me anymore...........

.......enjoy the ride.......

Dan

ahhhh that kinda makes sense; but now adays if it was a Honda Trail 90, it would be better than fine....In the NEW Motorcycle Owner's of America...….Anything for those bucks......bring em in..

Wow...all that bitterness from a picture of a motorcycle. Who would want to join a club with comments like that? :banghead

Wow...all that bitterness from a picture of a motorcycle. Who would want to join a club with comments like that? :banghead

Judging by the trend in membership numbers over the past few years...…..not too many ! And I can think of a few other possible reasons. :banghead

Friedle

Judging by the trend in membership numbers over the past few years...…..not too many ! And I can think of a few other possible reasons. :banghead

Friedle

I've been "away" for a while, haunting other on-line bike resources and other physical gatherings of riders (non-denominational), and while there is always the odd complainer, for the large part I've found them to be far more pleasant, welcoming, and far less likely to pretzel damn'd near any topic into a rant. I honestly had to think about whether I wanted to come back to the MOA Forum. That old saw that BMW stands for Bitch, Moan, and Whine appears to have more truth to it than is good for us, me thinks.

I've been "away" for a while, haunting other on-line bike resources and other physical gatherings of riders (non-denominational), and while there is always the odd complainer, for the large part I've found them to be far more pleasant, welcoming, and far less likely to pretzel damn'd near any topic into a rant. I honestly had to think about whether I wanted to come back to the MOA Forum. That old saw that BMW stands for Bitch, Moan, and Whine appears to have more truth to it than is good for us, me thinks.

Hello Greg. I agree with your above assessment which as a long term Lifetime member does indeed concern me. OK, not as much as it used to since much of my efforts were either ignored or co-opted in a different direction by this organization. I am still not really connected to "social media" to the extent you have always been, but I wonder if this attitude demonstrated in this thread is also evidenced on Facebrick, Tweety, Instagraph and others. Is there a trend developing?

Friedle

I expect better than this from a GENTLEMAN......Twisting words of others to meet YOUR needs is what is bitter here.....RUDE

Last edited:
I expect better than this from a GENTLEMAN......Twisting words of others to meet YOUR needs is what is bitter here.....RUDE

Dennis,
You said, "...In the NEW Motorcycle Owner's of America...….Anything for those bucks......bring em in.. ". That sounded bitter to me, and I'm of the opinion that negative comments about the club create a negative environment which doesn't encourage people to join, or stay members. I think people ride motorcycles to have fun, and they join clubs to have more fun. But, if the club isn't fun, why would they pay money to join - why would they hang around even if it was free?

This club faces a number of challenges, like just about all other clubs and special interest groups: significantly small percentage of motorcycle ridership in younger generations, competition from many other types of entertainment, a Millennial generation with very little money to spend on very expensive motorcycles - and the bias of many in the Baby Boomer generation against those Millennial's - as unfair and uninformed as it is. It's not clear if traditional membership clubs will survive this massive demographic and societal tsunami. But, it would make sense that people would come to where the fun is, and stay where they feel welcome.

Yes, Mr. Feeler, I agree. YOUR timely and well positioned diatribe points out and exposes ALL that YOUR RANT would ever need to be said on the subject....

Thanks for keeping the membership informed and helping us stay on track with the subject of the thread

Hello Greg. I agree with your above assessment which as a long term Lifetime member does indeed concern me. OK, not as much as it used to since much of my efforts were either ignored or co-opted in a different direction by this organization. I am still not really connected to "social media" to the extent you have always been, but I wonder if this attitude demonstrated in this thread is also evidenced on Facebrick, Tweety, Instagraph and others. Is there a trend developing?

Friedle

Michael,
Yes, I've seen a lot of negative behaviors on our Facebook pages (and other areas) as well. It seems that bad behavior, negativism, attacking others over slight differences of opinion, and so on are now considered acceptable behavior by many. This is not altogether surprising to me given what I see aspiring on the larger national and world stage. However, I don't agree that is how we should treat each other. We can discuss and disagree respectfully, and perhaps in the process find that we have more common ground than differences.

Crap, you should try the Facebook Group! :eek

Michael,
Yes, I've seen a lot of negative behaviors as well. It seems that bad behavior, negativism, attacking others over slight differences of opinion, and so on are now considered acceptable behavior.

So true SIR...…....I really thank you for pointing out just how SOME folks do. :banghead :scratch :dunno

I will never figure out how and why it is good for some but sure problems for others????? :dance :wave

Back