• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank Bag Recommendations - K1600GT

millerj0545

I have a ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway coming up on my new 2019 K1900GT, and am thinking a tank bag makes sense - phone, IPass transponder, wallet, snacks, stuff, etc.

Can you guys and gals recommend a tank bag? Please post pics if you can! Thanks so much in advance for your recommendations!

Jeff

RKA has a sloped tank bag that I have seen a lot of people give praise to. Strap type bag. I use a RKA for my speed triple and have had it for 10 years and it is still going strong.

BMW Motorrad Tank Bag

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 7.37.13 PM.png

Wondering if anyone has experience with this one?

Thats the OEM and thats what I use.
Fits perfect and holds a lot of stuff.
Waterproof.

I just don't like how any of the tank bags I have seen fit on the K16. They are too close to the handle bars for my liking. Besides, with the remote locking, I have adapted to just hitting a button and walking away without having to move or carry a bunch of stuff back and forth to keep it from being taken.

View attachment 75538

Wondering if anyone has experience with this one?

I used it on my ST for a while and it worked fine: easy to install and remove for refueling, waterproof, held a lot of stuff. But … just too doggone big and ugly on the bike--to my eye. Tried a couple other brands/models and eventually got away for any tank bay. I prefer the no-bag look; I am a minimalist rider so it was an easy decision for me. Most folks seem to carry lots more stuff than I even own.

Mosko Moto makes some of the best soft luggage in the world designed fo4 off-road use. Their Nomad tank bag is an interesting take on design and I love mine, it moves around on 4 different bikes. I find it extremely user friendly and the built in backpack straps are very handy. Also having a hydration pack in there is great. Go check it out at Mosko Moto.com.

Sorry but I can’t do a better pic from this lousy internet
IMG_1403-L.jpg

Wolfman Tank Bags are an Option

https://wolfmanluggage.com/collections/tank-bags

I have two Wolfman tank bags, The Rainier and The Enduro. I swap them around depending on what I am doing. The Enduro is smaller and has no side pockets like the Rainier that has side pockets front and back and on the sides. Great for incidentals, glasses, snacks and whatever. They both need a rain cover that I keep in a side pocket with my rain gloves. They had a pocket upgrade in the past with larger pockets that could be added but I don't see it. Probably get them from one of their dealers out there if they don't make them anymore. I bought one of my two bags from the Marketplace. They get offered up at a good discount but don't last long. On their website you can drill down and compare capacities.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

Here’s a slightly better view, mole on the beaver tail for more options plus the map pocket goes on there and there is a rain cover. Two little clips in front or two rear to undo for gas. Looking forward to trying it on my R1100S
IMG_3177-L.jpg

I have a ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway coming up on my new 2019 K1900GT, and am thinking a tank bag makes sense - phone, IPass transponder, wallet, snacks, stuff, etc.

Can you guys and gals recommend a tank bag? Please post pics if you can! Thanks so much in advance for your recommendations!

Jeff

look into Bags Connection tank bag, they mount to gas filler ring, they don't touch the tank and you can unclip to fill up very easily

look into Bags Connection tank bag, they mount to gas filler ring, they don't touch the tank and you can unclip to fill up very easily

The gas cap ring mounts are super easy to mount and unmount, and on that GTL, the
SW Motech EVO Micro Quick Lock Tank Bag might be the perfect small size for the items you listed. A number of riders came to the Twisted Throttle tent at the MOA rally and decided they liked that bag for their Bagger or GTL.

Anyway, have a GREAT trip!! I just rode the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Tail of the Dragon for the first time yesterday, and I did it on the Bagger. It was amazing!!

Went With the Motorrad Bag

I like it! Sure it's kind of boxy, but it has great features. Add to that the fact it was engineered to be on this bike, it works well.Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 7.52.16 AM.png

Back