• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1600 Forum

jogitu

How many of you go to this forum? Are all the mods 16 year old girls or just really sensitive girly men? When I bought my GTL did I miss the part where I was to buy a skirt to fit in? Should I have kept my RT so I can ride with men? Can you get strike 3 on another forum?

OK, I will say it again, troll or not. What is the point of your post? It has no beginning and no end. All baloney and no real meat. Can you clarify or is that asking too much of you?

Rick

How many of you go to this forum? Are all the mods 16 year old girls or just really sensitive girly men? When I bought my GTL did I miss the part where I was to buy a skirt to fit in? Should I have kept my RT so I can ride with men? Can you get strike 3 on another forum?

OK, I will say it again, troll or not. What is the point of your post? It has no beginning and no end. All baloney and no real meat. Can you clarify or is that asking too much of you?

Rick

Glad to clarify. The forum outright sucks. They talk religion, guns, politics and all the other banned material on most forums. That is ok until you see they are allowed to flame dealers and other mc related shops when obvious agendas are at play. Then this is where it gets good, you call someone on their crap and they ban you for a personal attack and then erase your post. In other words you can dish it out there but taking it is not allowed. I see any allowed threads on flaming of mc shops as complete bs. I don't own or have any such shop. I just know retail and the people you have to deal with at some times. Allowing someone to flame that dealer is chicken poop. The dealer cannot respond so their side is never known. This activity would to be allowed here not should it be because it is not fair and in the end is a chicken poop move by the poster. I don't have no problem calling anyone out and unless I am threatening them or get a bit foul with the language I don't see an issue. I especially don't see an issue when they are busy flaming a dealer. So yeah I think the forum is run by wussies. I was pissed and I still am having seen two threads generated by the same idiot with an obvious agenda that was not only allowed but encouraged by erasing comments that disagreed as a personal attack. The person started the thread was the classic troll. I am may be a blow hard jack ass but I am fair. Nothing about the way they run their little forum is fair. If you allow attacks of any kind they are personal whether against a business or a forum member. In the end I can take my ball and play elsewhere but personally I would like to see that forum fold. Not because they put me on a weeks ban but because they allow personal attacks on hard working businesses with no regard to their side of the story. Ray Charles could see the agenda in the two threads that got me fired up and so can the mods. Want to see a free for all forum where no wusses need apply? Illuminati Guzzisti is in your Facebook and they can dish and take it and all is fair game including you if you flame a dealer or mc shop. Tit for tat. So original question about girly men? Well 16 year old girls love to gossip until its about them. Perhaps I am wrong though as perhaps they are not girly men but just 16 year old girls as I have never met or seen them in person.

Glad to clarify. The forum outright sucks. They talk religion, guns, politics and all the other banned material on most forums. That is ok until you see they are allowed to flame dealers and other mc related shops when obvious agendas are at play. Then this is where it gets good, you call someone on their crap and they ban you for a personal attack and then erase your post. In other words you can dish it out there but taking it is not allowed. I see any allowed threads on flaming of mc shops as complete bs. I don't own or have any such shop. I just know retail and the people you have to deal with at some times. Allowing someone to flame that dealer is chicken poop. The dealer cannot respond so their side is never known. This activity would to be allowed here not should it be because it is not fair and in the end is a chicken poop move by the poster. I don't have no problem calling anyone out and unless I am threatening them or get a bit foul with the language I don't see an issue. I especially don't see an issue when they are busy flaming a dealer. So yeah I think the forum is run by wussies. I was pissed and I still am having seen two threads generated by the same idiot with an obvious agenda that was not only allowed but encouraged by erasing comments that disagreed as a personal attack. The person started the thread was the classic troll. I am may be a blow hard jack ass but I am fair. Nothing about the way they run their little forum is fair. If you allow attacks of any kind they are personal whether against a business or a forum member. In the end I can take my ball and play elsewhere but personally I would like to see that forum fold. Not because they put me on a weeks ban but because they allow personal attacks on hard working businesses with no regard to their side of the story. Ray Charles could see the agenda in the two threads that got me fired up and so can the mods. Want to see a free for all forum where no wusses need apply? Illuminati Guzzisti is in your Facebook and they can dish and take it and all is fair game including you if you flame a dealer or mc shop. Tit for tat. So original question about girly men? Well 16 year old girls love to gossip until its about them. Perhaps I am wrong though as perhaps they are not girly men but just 16 year old girls as I have never met or seen them in person.

Feel better now? Sometimes it helps to just get it off your chest in a safe and supporting environment. Oh wait, this is the internet...

\
Jogitu... I know exactly what you are talking about.

I get on there sometimes and I def see the agendas of a few of the "mods." One of them even sells a "tool" he designed to prevent losing the crank case oil plug in the oil pan when doing oil changes. He knows the oil pan has fingers that prevent the crankcase bolt from being lost and I have seen posts regarding that fact disappear. His tool continues to sell.

I have found that if I avoid threads started by certain mods then the forum is not so bad. Don't let a few bad apples ruin the whole forum for ya. :thumb

Ok Kevin, now I get what you are saying. I must not be up to date on some modern jargon. Anyway, in some respects I agree with what you are saying and in some I do not. I really dislike it when a thread is started on a subject and in five or six posts later the thread takes an entirely different path. For example, a guy starts a post about a problem he is having with his windshield and a few posts later they start talking about tires or some weird thing. At that point I think it is acceptable for a moderator to "re-direct" the post to the subject of the initial post.

I disagree in your thoughts about "flaming" a dealer, but perhaps the word flaming is too harsh. I like knowing which dealers are trustworthy and won't take people for a ride no pun intended. A while back a thread was started on another forum about dealer experiences both good and bad. Within a few posts a comment was made that it was NOT a good idea to post negative comments about dealers and that only GOOD comments should be posted about GOOD dealers. This made absolutely no sense to me as this is the type of information that potential customers can use when making a decision to either purchase a product or have it serviced. To the best of my knowledge there is no one barring a dealership from responding to a negative post if they so choose. In fact I like it when a dealer responds to a negative comment to prove their point. After reading both sides of the story I can then make an educated decision regarding the integrity of the dealer and the person that made the post.

I don't know if any of what I said makes sense or changes your mind at all, but it is how I feel. I believe in openess and the freedom to express your feelings but only if it stays on the subject and doesn't drift off to never-never land.

Rick

I remember when I had my first beer....

I don't think it was worth reviving this thread, but as it happened, here is a response:
No, I don't go to that forum - although I own a K1600.
Single model/bike forums have too narrow of a focus. People get bored and then they talk about too much stuff other than motorcycles which doesn't belong on a motorcycle forum.

Are we talking about K1600 forum.com
I have followed that site since I got my 1600, wealth of information, do not see a lot of negatives other than the issues we all have with our 1600's, switches, coolant leaks etc. have met up with several of the inmates on the site for various rides in the local area. All are 100% serious riders! who love to tinker with their bikes
Overall a great site

Just goes to show: You can please some of the people part of the time, Part of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time.
(Was that too political? )

Ken

I don't see what the issues are. Most of the stuff is in sub-forums that one doesn't have to read if one doesn't want to. Same for the whole site. I prefer forums where almost anything goes. Too many rules and too much decorum leads to group think and propaganda. If a dealer is good, lets hear it, if they are bad, lets hear it. Let the reader decide what information is useful or not. There are too many control freaks in the world.

OK, one more time just for grins. I personally think anything and everything should come out on a dealer or repair shop. No one bars repair shops from surfing the interweb and find out what is being said. No one tells them they can't reply to what has been printed. What better way is there to find out if a dealer or repair business is good or bad. Oh! I know, we will ONLY allow good things to be said and then the reader can draw a conclusion from only GOOD feedback. Yeah, right and your check is in the mail........and we will all walk down the Primrose Path hand in hand singing" Over The Rainbow".

Rick

Yes, the K1600 forum gets off track on occasion. But, if you are looking for technical advice or the most recent farkle available for a K1600 it is the place to go. You just have to be smart enough to know when BS comes in to play... I've been frequenting the K1600 forum since I got my GT last year, no issues.

Back