• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Seahawks uniforms

ragtoplvr

I do not normally follow football but:

Did any of you see the Seahawks uniforms? I thought the BMW MOA had fielded a team

I do hate to see fluorescent green become a fashion color. As people get used to seeing it, it reduces the effectiveness of it when riding.

Rod

Seahawk uniforms

If they MOA ever did field a NFL team, there would be 8 people on the field with 4,000 more arguing on the sidelines about who was more qualified to be on the team. :wave

Friedle

If they MOA ever did field a NFL team, there would be 8 people on the field with 4,000 more arguing on the sidelines about who was more qualified to be on the team. :wave

Friedle

Would this team have a "mission statement"?

I do not normally follow football but:

Did any of you see the Seahawks uniforms? I thought the BMW MOA had fielded a team

I do hate to see fluorescent green become a fashion color. As people get used to seeing it, it reduces the effectiveness of it when riding.

Rod

I think you have a point.......to an extent. It looks like all personnel that are doing road work will be moving to lime green and then to lime green with the reflective stripes. There is plenty of workers here in the north-east in the lime green now. It's pretty visible- especially when they are in their cars commuting to and from work :dunno
OM

Did the Seahawks play? I quit following NFL because of the protests.

Chris

Yeah they did, along with the rest of the NFL not on a bye-week.

It appeared teams cleaned up their acts due to it being Veteran's Day weekend.

But that level of mature behavior won't last.

You might want to continue your boycott. :dance

Two 49ers players and one Giants player couldn't find it in themselves to honor the veterans for one day.

I used to be a rabid Seahawks fan. Not anymore. And each week has gotten easier to leave the NFL off and do something else. I gain a lot of hours I used to lose to football.

Some things that I really wonder about:
  • What's the end game? When do they declare they've either made or failed in their goals? If this is like solving world hunger...will they ever ever show respect for the flag and the national anthem ever again?
  • The NFL has fined players for wearing pink cleats for promoting cancer awareness and for "excessive" celebration. It's obvious they were willing to take action then. So why did they chose to do nothing about disrespecting the flag and anthem? Or is the NFL Commissioner against the national anthem and flag after all? Their actions when they take it, and lack of action speak volumes.
  • What about Michael Bennett? He claimed he was racially profiled. What a joke. From what I can tell, He hid till the cops showed up then bolted to set up the cops. The body cam footage I saw showed some cops moving through probably a hundred blacks, whites and Hispanics trying to get everyone to safety peacefully and calmly. IMO, he probably thinks what he did was justified...but he also could've ruined an officer's career (and his family's support) by his lawsuit. A millionaire snowflake with a cause who will stoop to lying to promote his cause. But hey...the ends justify the means.

Short bunny trial follows...I used to watch a Sci-Fi series called Babylon 5. Excellent plot line. Great acting. Great character development. I liked it enough that my family bought the entire DVD collection for me. I really enjoyed that...till I came to one of the special episodes where you could hear the character's comments. It totally turned me off. Their character they portrayed on the screen was far better than who they really were in person. I feel that is what is happening on the NFL. You could marvel over the players doing some great and outstanding things...but then they opened their mouths and revealed who they really were.
Chris

Two 49ers players and one Giants player couldn't find it in themselves to honor the veterans for one day.

I used to be a rabid Seahawks fan. Not anymore. And each week has gotten easier to leave the NFL off and do something else. I gain a lot of hours I used to lose to football.

Some things that I really wonder about:
  • What's the end game? When do they declare they've either made or failed in their goals? If this is like solving world hunger...will they ever ever show respect for the flag and the national anthem ever again?
  • The NFL has fined players for wearing pink cleats for promoting cancer awareness and for "excessive" celebration. It's obvious they were willing to take action then. So why did they chose to do nothing about disrespecting the flag and anthem? Or is the NFL Commissioner against the national anthem and flag after all? Their actions when they take it, and lack of action speak volumes.
  • What about Michael Bennett? He claimed he was racially profiled. What a joke. From what I can tell, He hid till the cops showed up then bolted to set up the cops. The body cam footage I saw showed some cops moving through probably a hundred blacks, whites and Hispanics trying to get everyone to safety peacefully and calmly. IMO, he probably thinks what he did was justified...but he also could've ruined an officer's career (and his family's support) by his lawsuit. A millionaire snowflake with a cause who will stoop to lying to promote his cause. But hey...the ends justify the means.

Short bunny trial follows...I used to watch a Sci-Fi series called Babylon 5. Excellent plot line. Great acting. Great character development. I liked it enough that my family bought the entire DVD collection for me. I really enjoyed that...till I came to one of the special episodes where you could hear the character's comments. It totally turned me off. Their character they portrayed on the screen was far better than who they really were in person. I feel that is what is happening on the NFL. You could marvel over the players doing some great and outstanding things...but then they opened their mouths and revealed who they really were.
Chris

So true. :thumb

Ah, the good old days, when athletes were defined by their talent - not their tongues.

But nowadays, anyone with a national spotlight, be it Hollyweird or sports, is instantly an 'expert' on social affairs, politics, the economy, etc. How remarkable and convenient.

Perhaps you're on to something - how much more could I get done on a weekend devoid of the NFL?!

Hmmmm................

Sidebar to our Canadian OP: Avoid any national sporting event while touring. Their foolishness is not what America is all about either. :dance

I never will understand how kneeling to protest the indiscriminate killing of black men by poorly trained police officers became called a protest against veterans. But I guess the original intent was not popular to oppose. But then again, I haven't watched a football game in ten years. Turning brains to mush should not be good sporting fun.

Last edited:
I never will understand how kneeling to protest the indiscriminate killing of black men by poorly trained police officers became called a protest against veterans. But I guess the original intent was not popular to oppose. But then again, I haven't watched a football game in ten years. Turning brains to mush should not be good sporting fun.

Ouch! :stick

Football's days are numbered - way too many players accumulate brain damage, and there does not appear to be any way to avoid that short of ending the spectacle of pro football.

NFL Protest

Mr. Glaves nailed it.

Mr. Glaves nailed it.

Beg to differ.

Disrespecting our nation's anthem did nothing to, as Mr. Glaves packaged it "...protest the indiscriminate killing of black men by poorly trained po0lice officers."

All they (certain NFL players) did was use a national stage to magnify a personal agenda. That's not a 'protest' - I've 'stood the line' at many a protest over the years. This was barely more than a cheap shot.

Symbols of national pride and patriotism, such as a flag, anthem or monument, while only symbols, still tend to inspire veterans, active duty service members, law enforcement and most citizens. So yes - it resonated very strongly with that demographic.

It will end with a whimper, once the media finds something juicier to feed on. :dunno

Beg to differ.

Disrespecting our nation's anthem did nothing to, as Mr. Glaves packaged it "...protest the indiscriminate killing of black men by poorly trained po0lice officers."

:dunno

Kevin, You and I will never agree on this, but I do have to say that what I said was precisely what the originator of the protests said he was protesting. Why others joined in may vary, but that is what the kneeling is/was all about. I don't like it, but dragging veterans (I am one USAF 1966-1972 - I didn't have bone spurs) into the fray is disingenuous at best, and corruptly propagandist at worst.

Lets just agree that respect for the flag and anthem is nice, but per US law, not required. But since I am not a fan of any football tribe it means little to me.

...and none of the millionaire snowflakes seem to have a problem with black on black killing.

Chicago has around 600 murders so far this year...yet none of the NFL apparently has a problem with blacks killing other blacks.

Chris

...and none of the millionaire snowflakes seem to have a problem with black on black killing.

Chicago has around 600 murders so far this year...yet none of the NFL apparently has a problem with blacks killing other blacks.

Chris

Bingo. :violin

Kevin, You and I will never agree on this, but I do have to say that what I said was precisely what the originator of the protests said he was protesting. Why others joined in may vary, but that is what the kneeling is/was all about. I don't like it, but dragging veterans (I am one USAF 1966-1972 - I didn't have bone spurs) into the fray is disingenuous at best, and corruptly propagandist at worst.

Lets just agree that respect for the flag and anthem is nice, but per US law, not required. But since I am not a fan of any football tribe it means little to me.

You're correct in the first paragraph - we don't agree.

But you're also correct in the second paragraph - we do agree that respect for the flag and anthem is "......nice, ....not required."

Respect can never be 'required' - by its very definition, it has to be earned.

My view is that the sacrifice of our military (including your 6 yr. stint (Thank You!) in the USAF {btw, my dad was a USAF Korean War veteran - Shepherd AFB in Wichita Falls, TX}), without whom there wouldn't even be a United States of America, has paid that debt and enshrined the respect our national symbols deserve.

Granted, they are only symbols of a greater passion. But then again, so is a certain red motorcycle parked in your driveway, is it not?! :wave

We have a time honored and constitutionally guaranteed right of free speech. You also have a time honored and constitutionally guaranteed to disagree. I personally am not willing to give that up. Note that is not your right alone, it belongs to ALL of us.

Way to many instances of police planting evidence and shooting suspects that are not armed. Something needs to change and it is not happening. What do you propose they do to change things? Nothing else has worked and this may not either. But trying different things is normally a good idea.

Rod

Back