• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pictures - Bikes, Trips, Scenery, Life Moments

2009 f650 gs

Jasper, AR....My first long ride..

Attachments

• 3982887170_a532b578c8.jpg
    3982887170_a532b578c8.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 1,111
US 129 in TN last weekend :eat

672684994_KWJoM-M.jpg

Good Times

Hey everyone, I've been a MOA member for some time but have never really made it to the website ÔÇÿtil now....I've got a '97 F650 ST thatÔÇÖs been slightly modified so I can take it anywhere......and I love my bike, despite what the pictures may imply ;)

I also made it to the rally this year....and competed in the GS Challenge with it.... Lots-O-Fun. Hope to make it to OR too, but it's not looking good. I'm learning to fly for the Navy down in Pensacola, FL right now so weÔÇÖll see how it goes and if I get any time off, maybe I'll go for it....

The picture below is of me on one of my first off-road adventures rides. My husband Tim and I went off-roading just a little south of Globe, AZ and got in a bit over our heads....the nice big fire-road soon became steep two-track covered with shale rock and ruts. We crossed a few deep-sand river beds and attempted to climb a steep hog's back out of there but it was too late, we we're stuck. Tired and exhausted, we set up camp right there and spent our first night right next to the trail. The next day we back tracked out of there and headed north towards the mountains. I have to say that this was an awesome trip and we learned a lot that day about the do's and don'ts of off-road riding....even if it was the hard way :)

Attachments

• Jess's Bike.jpg
    Jess's Bike.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,041
Learning the Hard Way

Same Trip....Stuck between a rock and a hard place....

Attachments

• In a Hole.JPG
    In a Hole.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,044
Welcome!

That's some rough country around Globe. Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Fingers crossed about Redmond next year. Whatever happens sounds like you'll be having more adventures. Hope you'll share here.

Voni
sMiling

Fun Stuff

Same Trail but getting worse....Tim's F650 Dakar had the advantage when trying to dodge boulders across some of these washes but I still made it :)

Attachments

• Wash.jpg
    Wash.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,040
Colors in the Catskills, Hunter Mtn. 2009

Have nothing except praise for my riding partner and friend Kathy.
New F650 GS owner since July 2009, did the run from CT up the Taconic
with me, 109 to 9G, 23A to the Hunter Mtn Rally 2009.
Then, performed admirably in Bills Off Road Course sponsored
by Max's BMW'.

Attachments

• DSCN0174.jpg
    DSCN0174.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 981
Off Road with Max's Course with instruction.

Off Road slow turning training excercise.

Attachments

• DSCN0272.jpg
    DSCN0272.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 985
One Happy New Beemer Owner!

After a 1/2 mountian assent, Kathy returned to relesh the moment!
The muddier, the better....

Attachments

• DSCN0344.jpg
    DSCN0344.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 1,151
Here is my '07 K1200GT with +\- 50 000 miles on it. I'm sad it's a sick bike suffering from the low speed stalling syndrome... grrrr...

Love the bike but I don't trust it.:(

Hello Voni!

Odile

Attachments

• odile mongeau 2009-2_web.jpg
    odile mongeau 2009-2_web.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,083
Hi, Odile! :wow

Sounds like it may be running too lean on ethanol. Can you get gas without it? There are rumblings that there may be a computer upgrade. Ask your dealer.

Or so Paul tells me :wave

Voni
sMiling

Hi, Odile! :wow

Sounds like it may be running too lean on ethanol. Can you get gas without it? There are rumblings that there may be a computer upgrade. Ask your dealer.

Or so Paul tells me :wave

Voni
sMiling

I try every Super I can find and we don't get a lot of ethanol gas uphere but it doesn't change a thing... it's a non-permanent problem and they can't reproduce it at the dealership....grrrrrr...

The Airbox has already been replaced twice on this bike...and so on...

Hopefully the bike is still under warranty... and I'm still waiting for a return call from the BMW canadian headquarter in Toronto since last week...

But I don't want to pollute this thread with my problem.

Odile

Back