• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Change of Ownership: Ironhorse Lodge and Campground

Norwood

That road looks good!
Change of Ownership: Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge

For my motorcycle community friends, for the past 15 years I have had a very close friendship and customer relationship with Ironhorse Motorycle Lodge in WNC. The owners, John and Charlene Powell have been amazing in the development of a first class resort for motorcycle enthusiasts. The long time staff have been not only friends…. but family. I’m sure a lot of the guests have felt the same. Randy, the former manager was as close as a brother, Charlene, Pam and Charity like sisters. Many new friendships with work campers and numerous friendships with guests.

John and Charlene have supported me with much help with annual Eldridge Children Home benefit providing food and labor to help feed the attendees and much support to the mission of the home and its kids. Plus untold support to other organizations and charities.

Since I have endorsed Ironhorse Lodge for years and hosted many groups ( MTF, Spring Training Camp, BMW groups and Friends gathering) seminars in Garmin BaseCamp and other events I feel that I need to disclose that as of 2019 the Ownership has changed. I wish the new owners the best and same success as the previous owners.

The new owners have some “very large boots to fill” and I wish them the best. Is this an endorsement for the new owners? NO.

They will have to prove themselves to the many fans of Ironhorse Lodge and earn the respect and admiration that the customer base has become accustomed too in years past. Should they keep the present staff and management in place they will have no problem to continue without missing a beat.

Best wishes to John and Charlene Powell in your next step in life….enjoy the well-deserved retirement.

I stayed there a couple of years ago and was treated to a warm and friendly welcome. Charlene was most kind and whipped up a late supper for me which was greatly appreciated that day. Happy retirement to them we'll see what the new owners bring to the table.

I had no idea! Stayed there many times. We have a V Strom rally there next month. I will have to make sure there is no problems coming from the changes......

Iron Horse

Change of Ownership: Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge

For my motorcycle community friends, for the past 15 years I have had a very close friendship and customer relationship with Ironhorse Motorycle Lodge in WNC. The owners, John and Charlene Powell have been amazing in the development of a first class resort for motorcycle enthusiasts. The long time staff have been not only friends…. but family. I’m sure a lot of the guests have felt the same. Randy, the former manager was as close as a brother, Charlene, Pam and Charity like sisters. Many new friendships with work campers and numerous friendships with guests.

John and Charlene have supported me with much help with annual Eldridge Children Home benefit providing food and labor to help feed the attendees and much support to the mission of the home and its kids. Plus untold support to other organizations and charities.

Since I have endorsed Ironhorse Lodge for years and hosted many groups ( MTF, Spring Training Camp, BMW groups and Friends gathering) seminars in Garmin BaseCamp and other events I feel that I need to disclose that as of 2019 the Ownership has changed. I wish the new owners the best and same success as the previous owners.

The new owners have some “very large boots to fill” and I wish them the best. Is this an endorsement for the new owners? NO.

They will have to prove themselves to the many fans of Ironhorse Lodge and earn the respect and admiration that the customer base has become accustomed too in years past. Should they keep the present staff and management in place they will have no problem to continue without missing a beat.

Best wishes to John and Charlene Powell in your next step in life….enjoy the well-deserved retirement.

We had a few of our R90s rally's there and the owners always went above and beyond to take care of us. One of my favorite places to camp.

Back