• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MAX BMW Customer Service

tinmedic

Has anyone done any business with MAX BMW? I put an order in last week but haven’t heard anything and they haven’t responded to any emails.

Always been known to be excellent. I would call the location you placed the order and make an inquiry.
OM

Hey Medic dude... hope things are well in Fort Sam Houston. As others have stated here, I too have never had the slightest issue with Max BMW... one of the best.

On line awesome moto companies; Reece racks and stacks em:

Bob’s BMW
MAX BMW
Sierra BMW
Revzilla

I’m sure others can add to the list.

Hey Medic dude... hope things are well in Fort Sam Houston. As others have stated here, I too have never had the slightest issue with Max BMW... one of the best.

Bob’s BMW
MAX BMW
Sierra BMW
Revzilla

Engle Motors in Kansas City - Family owned since 1956 - great dealership.

Last edited:
Engle Motors in Kansas City - Family owned since 1956 - great dealership.

Agreed. I have ordered stuff from Engle Motors over the phone. Like my dealership in Pensacola, very squared away. I was however, referring to the online side of the business. I think of Englewood and Adventure Motorsports (my dealership) primarily as the brick and mortar side of the business.

Agreed. I have ordered stuff from Englewood over the phone. Like my dealership in Pensacola, very squared away. I was however, referring to the online side of the business. I think of Englewood and Adventure Motorsports (my dealership) primarily as the brick and mortar side of the business.

I won't quibble but Max's is as Brick and Mortar (three stores I think) as any dealership is.

I’m aware, of Max’s dealership footprint, I just wasn’t aware that Engle motors had stepped up their online sales department to the level of the other dealerships I mentioned. I’ll check out there website and see what they’re up to.

I’m aware, of Max’s dealership footprint, I just wasn’t aware that Engle motors had stepped up their online sales department to the level of the other dealerships I mentioned. I’ll check out there website and see what they’re up to.

Certainly not what Max has, but if you click on parts, they can be ordered on line. And of course, for us Luddites the telephone still works very well. 10:00 to 6:00, Tues - Fri. 10:00 to 3:00 Sat. (816) 241-7554 on my speed dial. :)

Yep, I checked out their website. Parts page is the same as the other authorized dealerships. Thanks for the heads up.

Back to OP; Medic, hope you get up with Max and get straightened out. Post here so we forum addicts will have closure.

Placed the order online and it’s been crickets ever since. I’ll have to call as email hasn’t received a response. I was hoping my spam folder grabbed it but no such luck.

Last edited:
Places the order online and it’s been crickets ever since. I’ll have to call as email hasn’t received a response. I was hoping my spam folder grabbed it but no such luck.

Even the best fumble the ball every now and then. Yes, give them a call.

As others have said, if in doubt, give them a call, as they are pretty darn good to work with. My personal experience has been that they ship items they have in local stock very promptly. Where I have encountered long silences from MAX BMW is when they have to obtain the items you have ordered from BMW NA (days) or the BMW mothership (potentially weeks or longer). Despite the order confirmation e-mail you receive indicating you will receive a further update within 24 hours, that update does not come until they have the items in their hot hands. Their website doesn't offer any clues that I have seen as to what parts they have in stock. Other BMW dealers are no better in that regard. They are pretty quick at packaging up an order, producing a shipping label, and then notifying you that your order has shipped, but I have also had the order sit for several days before it gets handed off to the shipper.

Long story short, you probably just need to be patient, and that if MAX BMW had to order the part, you'd likely be looking at similar delays ordering the part from any other dealer too.

My experience is they don't handle email responses well at all so always call. They will ship in a week if they have the part and maybe two or three if they don't but you will always get what you ordered if you are patient. Things did slow down due to Covid.

Bob’s BMW
MAX BMW
Sierra BMW
Revzilla

Hermys (BMW AND Triumph!)

I live 20 minutes from the Max mothership (NH) and have bought five bikes there so I admit bias...but I buy plenty of parts online from them and have always had great service. Typically the next day I have an e-mail with my order number and a summary of what's coming. I'd absolutely give 'em a call.

Second the call to check on order. Same issue with me but I was ordering the stock enhanced tool kit which they had to get from Germany maybe. Anyway two weeks and I called Tuesday and they told me everything was in and it might go out in a day or two. I told them I could use it and they shipped it that day. Nice folks. I just think the online orders are not as important as the work in front of them which is fine.

Back