• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What are good Flying Brick K Bike topics for videos?

chiba

hack'd
I know this isn't a technical question or problem, please bear with me though.

I've done a number of videos with my R bike (see the YouTube channel Nicht Uber Max, but I want to start doing some with my K 1200 RS. I also have limited access to K 75 and 100 bikes from time to time, so I could probably work some of those in.

What are some of the things you folks would like to see done in a video for our K bikes? I can't promise I can get to all of them, but I'd really love some suggestions.

(And, if you're in the general area of Warrenton, VA, maybe I could even use your bike for the video if you're into that.)

Fire away! (and thanks)

The two most frequent mechanical issues for K75 and K100 models are:

The need for frequent lubrication of the driveshaft rear splines, and

The tendency for radiator fan motors to stick and melt the brush holders which then requires replacement of the fan motors.

I have a 1994 K75. I need to lube the rear spline. Located in Arlington, VA. This bike was purchased in the Warrenton area!
Bill

The two most frequent mechanical issues for K75 and K100 models are:

The need for frequent lubrication of the driveshaft rear splines, and

The tendency for radiator fan motors to stick and melt the brush holders which then requires replacement of the fan motors.

You forgot the crazy alternator, I remember you writing about this.

Back