• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pennsylvania SuperTech 2012 info

tpbyrum

Feb 3 thru 5, 2012 Pennsylvania Airhead SuperTech

The Pennsylvania Airheads will hold our SuperTech event again this winter in Boyertown, PA 19525 (about 50 miles northwest of Philadelphia, PA). This will be a weekend filled with airhead tech sessions and multi-media expert advice and experience as well as some great camaraderie. Training sessions will cover how airhead systems and components work, how to maintain and overhaul them, how to get out of trouble on the side of the road and how to keep these great bikes safe and reliable. Sessions will mostly focus on the ÔÇÿlaterÔÇÖ airheads from /5 through end of production. We will have our complete collection of component cutaways and demonstration units as well as some new cutaways and new session topics for 2012. We'll probably bring back some old favorites too.

The very special guest, and keynote speaker at the Saturday night banquet, will be one of the best airhead mechanics and teachers on the East Coast, Bud Provin. Bud was born into a moto dealership family and played with wrenches on beemers and old British iron before he could walk. He has wrenched, ridden and taught about beemers in numerous places and was, at one time the senior technican at Bob's BMW in Maryland. A few years ago he moved back to Vermont to reopen his Grandfather's original business; The Nickwackett Garage near Rutland, VT http://thenickwackettgarage.com/bmw/ He is a great giver and a great guy who loves BMW Airheads and he will bring his experiences, his wisdom and his knowledge to Boyertown this year. Imagine ÔÇô leaving Vermont in February to go south! We are excited for the opportunity to learn from him and to get to know him.

We will gather for lies and tire kicking on Friday night for those arriving early and the tech sessions will begin at 8:00am on Saturday morning, running all morning. WeÔÇÖll bring in lunch then finish the teaching day around 5pm. The banquet dinner that evening will start around 6:00 for tire kicking time with Bub and the other instructors, then dinner, foolishness and a fascinating presentation.

Sessions will begin again Sunday morning and activities will conclude by noon so everyone will be able to travel home that afternoon. This will be a unique opportunity to get valuable maintenance, trouble shooting and restoration knowledge and to defeat the winter doldrums and PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome). Great info, great camaraderie and great time with world famous airhead experts.

Our goal is to maximize the value and access to the instructors for those attending so only 60 slots are available for SuperTech. Attendance is on a pre-registration basis only. Fees for the weekend will be: $112 for Airheads Beemer Club members and $132 for non-members. Fee includes all tech sessions, coffee and donuts each morning, Saturday lunch and the banquet dinner.

Limited seating is available for spouses at the banquet for an additional $32 per head. (A very nice affair and there are many things for spouses to do here in Pennsylvania while you are at the Tech sessions). In past years we have had numerous spouses join us Saturday evening.

Registration opens December 1st, 2011. Send a check for the total amount made out to Robert Sipp at 2188 Johnston Ave, Bethlehem, PA 18015. Please include, typed on a separate sheet, your name, address, phone number, email address and ABC membership number to facilitate contacting you with further details. Bob can be reached at bmwbob@ptd.net if needed, but only received checks will count. ItÔÇÖs only fair to everyone. Once the max participant number is reached we will hold further checks on a standby list and return them after the weekend has completed. We have always gone to the standby list so its worth the wait.

We will be supplying further details regarding motel and airport info, maps, schedules and driving directions to folks after they register. Please do not drag your feet on this one. This event has sold out quickly in past years and slots may again fill up fast. We look forward to seeing you there and having a great weekend together.

I've never been to the Supertech but I can recognize the tremendous effort you put forth to make this happen. Great job!

Any of you that have not attended one of these events should really try to consider making it happen. One of the best airhead educational experiences I can ever remember. Bob, Todd and company put on an amazing couple of days that you will never forget. The PA airheads are a special group of folks.

We're always talking about trying to start a West Coast SuperTech Session. The PA SuperTech would be a tough act to follow.

-Mike V. / San Diego

Supertech

Any of you that have not attended one of these events should really try to consider making it happen. One of the best airhead educational experiences I can ever remember. Bob, Todd and company put on an amazing couple of days that you will never forget. The PA airheads are a special group of folks.

We're always talking about trying to start a West Coast SuperTech Session. The PA SuperTech would be a tough act to follow.

-Mike V. / San Diego

+ 1 :thumb

Come on guys

please don't tout it too much; i want to go this year!!! Last year, i couldn't get in... :banghead

I'd love to do this but probably can't get the time off from work and not the best weather for riding up on my Airhead from NC.

Hopefully next time I'll be there! Thanks for putting these together!:beer

One of these years, I will get there. But not this year. Heading to Florida that week for my grandmom's 100th birthday!

Super idea. I wish it wasn't so far away. To bad there wasn't something in the Buffalo NY area.

Is Gramma going to let you ride in the chair? Or do you have to drive chase in the pickup?
icon_wink.gif

Happy Birthday Nana!

She broke her him again a few months ago. (second time in 3 years) Believe it or not, she is still getting around great and refuses to use a walker. She does use the cane now tho.

Kick off 6:30

Tech day over at noon? So should not be bother by football when learning about the beloved Airheads. Should be back in a Motel, sports bar or home watching game.

Full yet?

I am amazed by people that go beyond the normal to host such an event as this.
You must applauded them for doing this time consuming endeavor.

Airheads forever. Sure some of the newer motorcycles has fancy toys: might be better with anti lock brakes, electronic doodads. Airheads will be running for many years with minimal costs, less to go wrong, and more fun between your legs.

Thanks, and see you there. I hope for many years to come. :bikes

Back