• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Adding picture to Marketplace listing

MOONDOG59

I've been trying to add a listing to Marketplace. When click on "Choose File", the website thinks for a few seconds and then returns "something". I can't read what that something is because it is not visible except for the very tops of the letters. I have no idea what's wrong to fix it. Plus there is no image added. Eventually the listing shows up but no image.add image.png

Hmmm...I just went to the Marketplace and started a dummy entry. I got to the Choose File spot, chose a JPG from my computer, and it returned what you see below. It says a my file was uploaded with the Delete next to it if I wanted to change it. I tired a large JPG and it went OK. I tried uploading some other large files, like a PPT or a PDF, and it thinks and tries, but comes back and the screen hasn't changed...the Choose File is still there. So, I'm guessing there are certain files that can't be uploaded.

Not sure if your screen resolution has anything to do with it...maybe try zooming in/out and see if that makes a difference. But it seems if you keep the JPG images to reasonable sizes, it should work.

What kind of file and size were you uploading?

MarketPlaceImage.jpg

File sizes were 6-8kb. I tried changing my resolution from 1920x1080 to 1680x1050 and I got the same view. It doesn't look like it will take a change of file type. I recall back in April having the same issue and got around it but I don't remember what I did. :dunno

I'm running a separate monitor plugged into the HDMI port on my laptop. The monitor is 1920x1080 and things worked fine for me.

Ok, finally figured out what it reads: "Server error [/] application". I tried moving my images to Photobucket. There is no selection to go to an outside website to add an image to my listing. So back to square one. Any laptop resolution change does not change the situation because nothing is uploading to the Marketplace server anyway.

Ok, finally figured out what it reads: "Server error [/] application". I tried moving my images to Photobucket. There is no selection to go to an outside website to add an image to my listing. So back to square one. Any laptop resolution change does not change the situation because nothing is uploading to the Marketplace server anyway.

I don't remember the procedure for posting a picture from a photo sharing website.

works most times.

My photos would not upload as well. TO MUCH TROUBLE. When I retired, I vowed I'd quit jumping through other peoples hoops.

This has been this way for sometime. Obviously it works for some. I wonder if its Windows/Mac thing or Android/iPhone issue?

Back