• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Yes, I checked this chart and unless the 2017 is exactly the same as the 2017???? The chart just goes to 2016. I also checked the BMW parts fiche but it only gives the part number and not a description.

I checked with a parts supplier and they said that they did not know the sizes of the 2017 and when they called the company that makes them, they did not know either.

I hesitate to buy in anticipation of the 2017 being the same as the 2016. I am going to my dealer on Monday and maybe they might know the sizes.

I'm not that familiar with how to install these, but I'm presuming you remove an existing fitting on the bike and then install the speed bleeder. Can you remove the existing fitting and measure the threads or take a variety of metric bolts and find the ones that fit? That would let you know the bolt specs needed...maybe that would allow for confirming/choosing the appropriate bleeder.

Yes, I checked this chart and unless the 2017 is exactly the same as the 2017???? The chart just goes to 2016. I also checked the BMW parts fiche but it only gives the part number and not a description.

I checked with a parts supplier and they said that they did not know the sizes of the 2017 and when they called the company that makes them, they did not know either.

I hesitate to buy in anticipation of the 2017 being the same as the 2016. I am going to my dealer on Monday and maybe they might know the sizes.

Those listed for the 2016 will work on the 2017

Last edited:
I will call them but the distributor I spoke to said that he had talked with the Speed Bleeder people and they did not know. No rush. Just want to flush the system this winter.

:thumb
It seems I always need to go direct to the source.
sometimes I have to cross check that :hungover
OM

Does anyone know which speed bleeders are the best and which one fits the 2017 R1200GS?

The folks at Speed Bleeders are very nice and helpful IMHO. I looked at Real OEM the bleed screws are the same on 2016 and 2017, for some unknown reason no listing is given for the left front but I believe they are same both years. If it was me I'd buy the recommendation for 2016. Once you know they fit I'd report back to Speed Bleeder.

Jay

Buy one of these Mityvacs. Never bled brakes in my life until I bought one of these and it works on every bike I own. Great product. Check it out on Youtube

Speed Bleeders

Stop bleeding and start riding!! It's a 2017!

I only bleed in the winter when it is too cold to ride.
I got the correct information from the people at www.speedbleeder.com
Make sure you get the stainless steel even though it is twice as much. They will never corrode.

2017 R1200GSW

Front……right SB8125L, left SB6100
Rear…….SB1010S

I only bleed in the winter when it is too cold to ride.
I got the correct information from the people at www.speedbleeder.com
Make sure you get the stainless steel even though it is twice as much. They will never corrode.

2017 R1200GSW

Front……right SB8125L, left SB6100
Rear…….SB1010S

Thanks for supplying the part numbers :thumb

I'll update the tag cloud :)

OM

Ya but we knew it for a 2016 not a 2017. Now we know they are the same. Always pays to make sure before one makes the monetary commitment and orders.

Expensive and Worth it?

Several comments on the BMWLT Forum saying or suggesting they wouldn't use them if they had it to do over again. The stainless steel bleeders are $15 each. If you add bags and tubes and dust covers, I would have over $100 plus shipping in two sets (6 total) for my two rides. INSTEAD I'm going with the recommendation of several on the LT Forum, to just order and use the tubes/bags with the factory valves, and the key is to keep the bag higher than the caliper, so air can't go down through the expelled fluid. Sounds plausible to me, and way less expensive.
TGR

I installed the steel ones on my 15RT a year ago, no corrosion issue what so ever
It now takes all of 15 minutes to completely flush both the front brakes and the rear one, if I remember the cost was about $60 including the bag, to do over wouldn’t waste the money on the bag, length of plastic tubing and a12oz water bottle works just as well

Thanks Guys

'Cuz of this thread I ordered a stainless set for the new GSA. Won't need a flush for two years, but when it does, I'm ready!

Mark

Back