• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Front fork reflector

Ok, not a major issue but anal self wants to replace the reflector that fell off my front fork. Bob’s microfiche doesn’t show this part, anyone know of a source for this?

Never mind, Max has them

Ok, not a major issue but anal self wants to replace the reflector that fell off my front fork. Bob’s microfiche doesn’t show this part, anyone know of a source for this?

Found this on Max’s site.

They're self-stick, you peel off the paper backing. Clean the fork with alcohol before applying, let dry, and get it right the first time...
If there's no more sticky left, a dab of weatherstrip adhesive should be good.
I added two more of those, popping the amber piece out of the holder, one on each side of the front fender. Looks good, and the different mounting angle adds to the visibility for oncoming vehicles.

Last edited:
Be aware that every state has a requirement for front and rear reflectors; it's also required in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, section 571.108.

BMW even had a recall not very long ago because the saddlebags covered up the rear reflectors on some models.

I've never heard of anybody getting a ticket for lacking reflectors, but if a cop wanted to add to other charges, or just give you a hard time...

Be aware that every state has a requirement for front and rear reflectors; it's also required in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, section 571.108.

BMW even had a recall not very long ago because the saddlebags covered up the rear reflectors on some models.

I've never heard of anybody getting a ticket for lacking reflectors, but if a cop wanted to add to other charges, or just give you a hard time...

Sure! And the Code of Federal Regulations also require a very specific EPA certification to be stamped on the exhaust system of every motorcycle in the US built after a certain date.

I seriously doubt there is a single US attorney anywhere in the country that wants to spend time prosecuting somebody for their aftermarket exhaust on a BMW motorcycle.

They look for some sort of side reflecting something or other during mandatory motorcycle annual inspection here in Mass.
OM

Try and find a Harley that has them still on. I have actually seen them popped off before a new bike left the dealer parking lot.
I can tell you mine doesn’t have them on.

Back