• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pet Pictures

Owen, 6 year old Weim

William Wegman would love Owen. My wife dresses him up all the time and he just lets her. He's such a good boy. We have three kids, Owen (Weim), Riot (Quarter Horse) and a K1200lt (not named, Yet)

Attachments

• DSC00469.JPE
    DSC00469.JPE
    15.1 KB · Views: 730
pets

We had to put our little Nala down the other day. She was our daughter's Siamese Tabby Seal Point, and she was only eight months old. During the four months we had her, she stole our hearts away. She liked to lay in the sun on her pad in the open window next to the computer, while I put posts on the Forum.

Unbeknownst to us, there was a pernicious agent at work in her little body.
The first thing that happened was that she developed an eye condition, so my wife, an ophthalmologist, took her to an ophthalmic vet, who diagnosed Iritis. We treated this with Pred Forte, and the eye cleared up nicely. For most of the time she was with us, she was very active and ate well. In the mornings she would go downstairs and have a breakfast of Fancy Feast shrimp, and when I came down later, she would have a little chicken or ham snack. She liked to sit in our laps while we watched hockey playoffs. Like most Siamese, she was a real talker, and she would yowl loudly when we came home from work, so that we were sure to know that she was there.

A few days ago she became lethargic, stopped eating, and would throw up.
She was bloated, and lost weight. We took her to our regular vet, who diagnosed Giardia, and gave her a shot. My wife wasn't sure about the diagnosis, so the next day we took her to the ophthalmic vet's general clinic, and she was immediately diagnosed as having feline infectious peritonitis. As this is 100 % fatal, and there is no cure, the vet recommended euthanasia. FIP results from a feline coronavirus, usually transmitted to young kittens from other cats in a cattery, and which mutates in the cat.
Nala was our first cat, (we had Rhodesian Ridgeback lion hounds before) and I now understand the enthusiasm that cat owners have for them.

We'll really miss her.

I feel for you, Rinty.

My cat's probably got about 4-6 good months left (he's got a lot of miles on his clock, however). Last winter I had to have a neighborhood stray put down, so I know exactly what I'll be in for, and how awful it's going to feel. Right now, I'm just trying to spend as much time with him as I can.

I'm with you, Rinty. Last weekend we had to put one of our dogs down. Fitz (who was only about 3 - 3 1/2 years old) started having seizures in November. After about 3, we took him to the vet where a diagnosis of epilepsy was made. He was put on medication to control this. Well, he continued to have seizures so the dosage was upped. And then upped again. About the only thing the meds did was lessen the severity of the seizures. However, with the lesser severity, Fitz began having multiples in short periods of time. Then, he had 3 seizures in a 20 minute span. My DSW and I could see the pain he was in and decided that it was not fair to him or us or the other animals in the house (we have another dog and two cats - if I can get them in one place at the same time, I will take a picture and post it).

So, after a year and a half with us, we had Fitz put down. The easy part was making the decision. The hard part was carrying it out.

Fitz is survived by our other dog, Red and our cats, Max and Sam (and a bird and about a dozen fish). Yes, we have a small zoo. We miss him.

pets

Thanks for your sentiments.

The pain from the euthanizations is the high price we pay for outliving our pets.

Being a first time BMW owner this spring I was, as you can all relate, thrilled to be riding such an impressive machine. Then I started searching the web to find more info about what I was riding. I first found to BMWBMW site and forum and was pleasantly suprised how helpful and friendly everyone was there. Then I found this forum and have been, again, thrilled with the friendly info that is here. Now to top it all off you love to show off your pets!!! This may make me sound like a sad-sack but the only time I am not with my hounds is when I am riding my K75!
So here they are in all their glory. Lil has the impressive ears and Meg has on the shades

Attachments

• cat 039.jpg
    cat 039.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 691
from a fellow Subaru/Mazda owner:

redcopilot36bj.jpg

redcopilot73xz.jpg

thought you guys may like that :thumb

Jim Shaw said:
They're starting with the cats :uhoh

I thought cat lovers rode airheads and belonged to RA.

Jim :wave :rofl :wave

I never liked cats until we were adopted by a kitten during sub-zero temperatures. Well that one was only the beginning. We have five cats and it is never a dull moment.
Cats are quite entertaining. The best thing about our cats is the fact that we do not have a mouse problem. Living in the woods is always a challenge when you have to deal with mice. The cat's do their job well.

Take Care
Pat Carol

don't mind me, i'm just gonna sit on you while i eat

Attachments

• IMG_2784.jpg
    IMG_2784.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 548
Updated... last post was when it was just Dan

The Wrecking Crew. Lucy (prettier than this picture, a rescue dog), then Dan (the Old Guy at 13yo, a soul mate, also a rescue dog), then Abby (Chief Wrecker, even wackier than her picture, also a rescue dog). Does not include the two rescue dogs we've tried and could not save.

210311832-S.jpg

Also a couple horses and a couple of cats, will post them later if I can get them to hold still.

Sonny & Lena

I took this shot of our 2 Bouviers a couple of years ago when Sonny, the one on the left, ( now almost 14) could still run. Sonny has been a therapy dog for almost 12 years & is still working.
SonnyChaseLena1_XLrg.jpg

Pets who ride?

All these pet pics make me miss my dog from years ago before motorcycles. I won't get another pet unless it can go where I go. These days it's on the motorcycle... I wanna see your pets who ride...! Show me that, will ya?

I took this shot of our 2 Bouviers a couple of years ago when Sonny, the one on the left, ( now almost 14) could still run. Sonny has been a therapy dog for almost 12 years & is still working.

way cool, i'm not a pet person (the rabbits are more my girlfirend's) and i've never owned a dog, but the Bouvier is my favorite dog by far. while visiting a friend of mine on vancouver island a pal of his had one, coolest dog i've ever met by far. they seem like a bit of a handful though!

nice image of them

way cool, i'm not a pet person (the rabbits are more my girlfirend's) and i've never owned a dog, but the Bouvier is my favorite dog by far. while visiting a friend of mine on vancouver island a pal of his had one, coolest dog i've ever met by far. they seem like a bit of a handful though!

nice image of them
They are most definitely a handful, Derek. Both of their parents on each side have SchII or SchIII titles, and Lena's grandfather was a national working champion. In fact, there is an article that is frequently given to people who are considering getting a Bouvier called "Don't Buy A Bouvier", which details what living with one is really like.

Sonny, on the left (and my avatar), is sweet as she can be and has practically none of the traits a good working line Bouvier should have. Lena, OTOH, has more than we'd like. :-D

I love the breed, but after Lena goes, I'd kind of like to get something that will fit on the bike so my wife & I can take it with us on trips. Maybe a Yorkie or Brussels Griffon.

Tasha, the big-dirty-hairy-stinky dog:
tasha.jpg

Snuffle, thinking Christmas iss not a great time:
snufflex.jpg

Buddy Ray and Penny Lane

"Open wide" This is Buddy Ray, a rescue American Eskimo mix

Buddysmilesmall.jpg

And this is Penny Lane, also a rescue, Chow Shepherd Mix

PennyLanemouth.jpg

Also have two black cats in the menagerie, will post photos later. (Karma is on my lap now and has about had enough of me typing around her!)

Back