• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking at this - 1200S with Hack

snookers

DBLUPPR
Hello all…… I've been looking for a side hack rig and came across this unit. A 2005 1200S with a Hannigan hack. approx. 50K (miles) on the clock. The owner has had the ABS disabled .
It has a leading fork extension and auto tire and appropriate rim for it on the rear. Owners asking around 6K, Any thoughts?

$_59h.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59e.jpg

you may want to ask this question in the "sidecars and trikes" section or the "Wedge K" section.

the K1200S is not a Flying Brick....

you may want to ask this question in the "sidecars and trikes" section or the "Wedge K" section.

the K1200S is not a Flying Brick....

For starters, I'll move it to the Wedge K section. Also added a little context to the title.

Have seen one other S hacked... what a fast looking set-up!

Is it for occasional use, travel, or all the above? The rig itself is most likely worth the asking price.

That paint job looks like it cost about half the asking price. :eek

I'll guess that the person who spends money on paint is also going to spend money on maintenance. If this is the type of bike you're looking for then I'd take it for a ride and if all checks out....buy it.

So I finally got an opportunity to head west and check out this bike. I was so impressed with the bike and the owner that I bought it. The weather in Alberta is currently at minus 30 Celsius so riding it 3000 miles home won’t be happening anytime soon. The seller has graciously allowed me to keep the rig at his home until I can retrieve it come better weather. I can’t wait. Feeling like a kid in a candy store.
COME ON SPRING!!!!

Congrats :thumb

I thought hacks can go anywhere,anytime...what's wrong with you:rofl

Hoping your Spring comes early and you let us know how that S rolls.

I thought hacks can go anywhere,anytime...what's wrong with you:rofl

Yeah, throw on a rear snow tire or pack a tire chain and bring it home now. Heck, its flat and straight between Calgary and Kenora and by the time you get there it'll probably only be -10C. :laugh

Congrats!

Being the crazy Mofo that I am I'd be looking at bringing this thing home sometime in March, BUT, since my Bride wants to accompany me home with this piece of rolling art, I'll have too be happy with the knowledge that good things can happen for those who wait. Patience is a virtue so I'm told, anyway, I'm doing my homework for a few farkle upgrades...…...Thx to Lee

Hope you guys are going to the national this year...….I need a reason to buy some extra beer :thumb

A bit of a hike from my place so I'll be giving it a pass this year. Perhaps the next time its somewhere central - like Oregon or California? :D

I did go to Billings in 2015 but since I moved west a few years ago, I hate riding the flat and straight stuff.

Being the crazy Mofo that I am I'd be looking at bringing this thing home sometime in March...

Ah, it's warming up here in a couple of days. And the snowmobile suits will be going on sale, soon....:D

I wonder how much the owner paid for that paint job.

I wonder how much the owner paid for that paint job.

Apparently the original owner of the K1200 had the bike sprayed as it looks now...….the fellow I purchased it from (owner #2 ) had the hack sprayed to match...…...Iv'e got the receipts, and it's much more than I would have cared to spend, but the shop that shot it did stand up work with the match :thumb

Back