• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Let's do a Canada meet up at the Beer Garden!

Good riding Bob. While you were putting the finishing touches on your ride to Victoria, I was on the right-coast giving away beer :beer as part of our annual BMW Owners of Nova Scotia Bavarian Beer Garden evening at the Bluenose Rally.

See you in SLC in 11 days.

Without NY you would have NJ as a neighbor...........

Being a lifelong fan of science fiction, I can't help but notice that in all the post-apocalyptic movies it is the New Yorkers who barricade the bridges and aim their weapons to keep the New Jerseyites out. I suspect there is a valid reason for that, so concede that having NJ on our borders would not be the best thing for us.

The Canadians, on the other hand, seem like a decent sort. While it's true they have been erecting a wall to keep us on our side of the border, that wall took the form of a well-manicured hedge with red and white flower accents.

I'm on my way!

and I'll see you all on the Friday night
6:30 to 7:00
Look for my Rider flag and Bob's Canadian flag.

:dance

and I'll see you all on the Friday night
6:30 to 7:00
Look for my Rider flag and Bob's Canadian flag.

:dance

I'm on my way too. Writing this from Grand Junction, CO. Had a great ride today and am updating my post. Will motel in SLC tomorrow and be at the site Sunday AM.

It is HOT! Bike said 34C, and I felt it. New Motoport mesh suit doing well, but not coping with all the heat. Nothing passive could. Sure hope SLC will be cooler.

Early?

I'm on my way too. Writing this from Grand Junction, CO. Had a great ride today and am updating my post. Will motel in SLC tomorrow and be at the site Sunday AM.

It is HOT! Bike said 34C, and I felt it. New Motoport mesh suit doing well, but not coping with all the heat. Nothing passive could. Sure hope SLC will be cooler.

Aren't you plenty early? I'm leaving from Kelowna BC this coming Monday planning on arriving in SLC July 12. Can we get into the grounds to camp earlier than the morning of July 13?

It would suit me to get in the afternoon of July 12.

Us Canadian hate to be late for the beer gardens!

Aren't you plenty early? I'm leaving from Kelowna BC this coming Monday planning on arriving in SLC July 12. Can we get into the grounds to camp earlier than the morning of July 13?

It would suit me to get in the afternoon of July 12.

Us Canadian hate to be late for the beer gardens!

Fair question. I am a volunteer, co-chair of a fine group of folks who make the signs needed by all of us. Parking, No Parking, Vendors this way, and all that. We have to come early so we get these in place before the 6000 of you get there.

If you have not volunteered, you really have not had the total rally experience.

So what happened to our little "Meet and Greet"? Walked through the beer tent around 7 pm Fri evening and no Canadian flags in sight! Walked around with 2 beer in my hands reading peoples T shirts looking for Canadian logos and got a bunch of dirty looks from those sitting at the tables! Went back to my tent more than a little disappointed!:dunno:ca

So what happened to our little "Meet and Greet"? Walked through the beer tent around 7 pm Fri evening and no Canadian flags in sight! Walked around with 2 beer in my hands reading peoples T shirts looking for Canadian logos and got a bunch of dirty looks from those sitting at the tables! Went back to my tent more than a little disappointed!:dunno:ca

I think it was a heat thing. Bob, Mary and Muriel connected with me and Tulliver for the Red Dog Saloon at 5:30, but we were all clearly wilting once the air conditioned vendor buildings closed.

There's always next year...maybe at noon before we all have a chance to wilt!

There was a small group of Canadians gathered. I had the time wrong and was too early and ended up sitting with some other new friends. I later joined the Canadian group for a bit. They had set up in the corner of the tent shelter and did have a Canadian flag hung as well as a despicable Saskatchewan Roughriders flag. Beers were drank, acquaintances were made, lies were told; all good fun.

Despicable, huh?

We set up shop in the corner of the other tent closer to the stage, to me they were all beer garden tents.

The highlight was creating honourary Canadians: give us your name, we'll give you a home town and a Canadian job.

My new pal John from NYC became John from Dildo, Newfoundland who was an unemployed highway flag person. It went downhill from there.

But more importantly we all drank a toast to bogthebasher. Hopefully Mary will post up the pic when she and Bob get back home.

Good times!

I think it was a heat thing. Bob, Mary and Muriel connected with me and Tulliver for the Red Dog Saloon at 5:30, but we were all clearly wilting once the air conditioned vendor buildings closed.

There's always next year...maybe at noon before we all have a chance to wilt!

I met you and Tulliver at the gate to Rocky Mtn Nat park before the rally!:ca

Despicable, huh?

We set up shop in the corner of the other tent closer to the stage, to me they were all beer garden tents.

The highlight was creating honourary Canadians: give us your name, we'll give you a home town and a Canadian job.

My new pal John from NYC became John from Dildo, Newfoundland who was an unemployed highway flag person. It went downhill from there.

But more importantly we all drank a toast to bogthebasher. Hopefully Mary will post up the pic when she and Bob get back home.

Good times!

Thanks for the toast guys - I really appreciate that for sure! I am now half way through my Cardio Rehab program and went on a short 100Km ride yesterday which was good for the soul. It was quite warm (34.5 C) and I cut the ride short because of it, no use overdoing it too early. See you all in Des Moines. Ken.

IMG_4656.jpg

Back