• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Is this worse than a designated hitter?

REDC650GT

All,

Sometimes I am reluctant to post articles on technology as it tends to drive conflicts and clashes of personalities. I do think this concept is kind of interesting and may possibly have a safety component.

https://www.slashgear.com/brembo-in...ncept-brake-caliper-for-motorcycles-06671756/

54FBFCA8-728E-45F1-AD11-9EDCC7EB65F4.jpeg

Anything that increases conspicuity is good, but LEDs need electrical power. Motorcycle brakes need hydraulic force, not electrical power. Thus, the braking system would have increased complexity. I would favor better visibility with LEDs placed elsewhere.

And I think that pitchers should be able to hit or at least take a turn at bat. So I am against the designated hitter. And I don't much care for aluminum bats either. There should be a loud and clear "CRACK" when the bat meets the ball! And I like mustard on my hotdogs!!

The YouTube link didn't work for me, but I found it with a YT search. With no dialogue to explain the concept, it's just dramatic music and pretty colors.
I did find some other text links, here's one: https://newatlas.com/motorcycles/brembo-new-g-sessanta-concept-brake-caliper/

I think the concept is mostly a gimmick to direct attention to Brembo's 60th anniversary.

Style lights on the caliper don't impress me and I don't wear mood rings.
As a way to communicate caliper and pad condition, the lights do not work because I can't see them while riding.
Using the brakes as disc locks might have some merit, but that function need not be unique to a particular caliper.
How would a caliper use a GPS function?
Do we really want individual smartphone apps for every component on the bike?

Anything that increases conspicuity is good, but LEDs need electrical power. Motorcycle brakes need hydraulic force, not electrical power. Thus, the braking system would have increased complexity. I would favor better visibility with LEDs placed elsewhere.

And I think that pitchers should be able to hit or at least take a turn at bat. So I am against the designated hitter. And I don't much care for aluminum bats either. There should be a loud and clear "CRACK" when the bat meets the ball! And I like mustard on my hotdogs!!

^^^^^^^^^
He's right you know...about the mustard...the other stuff too.

^^^^^^^^^
He's right you know...about the mustard...the other stuff too.

I see that you are from Cooperstown, NY, home of the Baseball Hall of Fame. If I ever get up that way I am going to bring Roger Maris and Pete Rose baseball cards with me. I will take these cards with me when I tour the BBHoF. At some point I will place the cards so that the players are showing. Then I will take a photo.

Thusly I will be able to say that Roger Maris and Pete Rose were in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Thank you for these comments and and a home run swing into the metaphor. I grew up listening to and watching the 1960’s SF Giants loved the way the game was played and the cadence and strategies involved. Since the DH and television contracts and specialization the game seems to have lengthened immensely and made it tiring for me to watch. Not having the pitcher hit seems to shorten the game for me and make it easier to watch a 3 hour game. Agree on the bats but love onions ketchup and relish on the dogs. To each his own and thanks for the insight and thoughts.

Best regards,

Chris

I see that you are from Cooperstown, NY, home of the Baseball Hall of Fame. If I ever get up that way I am going to bring Roger Maris and Pete Rose baseball cards with me. I will take these cards with me when I tour the BBHoF. At some point I will place the cards so that the players are showing. Then I will take a photo.

Thusly I will be able to say that Roger Maris and Pete Rose were in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

For someone who grew up in the Dakotas and rooted for Roger Maris, those would be two completely different asterisks. Just sayin’…

Best,
DeVern

For someone who grew up in the Dakotas and rooted for Roger Maris, those would be two completely different asterisks. Just sayin’…

Best,
DeVern

As a kid I listened to the Yankees on the radio. Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris were great players that I rooted for. I can still recall the day I opened up my baseball card package and found a Mickey Mantle. I had to make a trade to get a Roger Maris card.
I also made a trade for a Babe Ruth card.

After college I moved to Ohio. I would sometimes get to Cincinnati and watch the Reds play. Johnny Bench, Ken Griffey Sr., Pete Rose and others were star players that I watched. Pete was a heck of a player. I think that HoF should be a celebration of baseball
and great players. If they had off-the-field flaws, then that (mostly) shouldn't exclude them from the HoF. I don't recall Maris having significant off-the-field problems. I do recall Roger Maris bragging that he could hit a baseball and it would hit the roof of the
newly constructed AstroDome. I don't believe that he did hit the roof.

HAHA Good one...actually, I didn't know that Maris WASN'T in the HOF. Worth a visit though- and lot's of great riding around here. PM me if you do come- espresso machine is always fired up!

As a kid I listened to the Yankees on the radio. Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris were great players that I rooted for. I can still recall the day I opened up my baseball card package and found a Mickey Mantle. I had to make a trade to get a Roger Maris card.
I also made a trade for a Babe Ruth card.

After college I moved to Ohio. I would sometimes get to Cincinnati and watch the Reds play. Johnny Bench, Ken Griffey Sr., Pete Rose and others were star players that I watched. Pete was a heck of a player. I think that HoF should be a celebration of baseball
and great players. If they had off-the-field flaws, then that (mostly) shouldn't exclude them from the HoF. I don't recall Maris having significant off-the-field problems. I do recall Roger Maris bragging that he could hit a baseball and it would hit the roof of the
newly constructed AstroDome. I don't believe that he did hit the roof.

RE: off-field flaws- I think we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg now- it's gonna get a LOT pricklier for anyone in any field. If you farted at dinner with a woman/black/whatever newly discovered gender speaker 45 years ago- no Nobel prize for you even though you cured cancer.!!

Back