• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

Just sent a note to my 2 riding buddies telling them we need to get a trip planned and strike while the iron is hot :thumb

Ed, right now Barber's has suspended all tours, even those led by the old hands like me. I'd hold off until things open up a bit. Visiting the museum is worth it, but no "behind the scenes" tours are available right now.

Rich; clarify what the "first" actually is. The RV trip, with bike?... or the Rally itself.
Regardless, you win!
Let's see, 1. wife going 2. RV with the GS and 3. Extended touring availability with an attached base camp.

The trifecta of BMW happiness!

Ah, no problem. It'll be the first time we haul the GS in the toy hauler! I've been to several nationals, my wife has never been to one. We reached the point in life where we dig the RV stye of camping. A cozy bed with a restroom close by! Not too mention, a place to cook and stay out of the rain and wind when we want. :thumb

I was going to go to the Barber vintage days a few years ago, I even had a media pass. I still haven’t made it there. Maybe if I can get to the RA rally next year?

Ed, right now Barber's has suspended all tours, even those led by the old hands like me. I'd hold off until things open up a bit. Visiting the museum is worth it, but no "behind the scenes" tours are available right now.

A trip to Barber is ALWAYS worth it but not if the tours are not running. Thanks for the heads up. When traveling during Corona Times I always check with places I plan to visit just to confirm they are open and any restrictions. Guess this will be SOP for quite a few months to come.

Ah, no problem. It'll be the first time we haul the GS in the toy hauler! I've been to several nationals, my wife has never been to one. We reached the point in life where we dig the RV stye of camping. A cozy bed with a restroom close by! Not too mention, a place to cook and stay out of the rain and wind when we want. :thumb

For a few years now, I've noticed an increase at the National Rally of RV's with the bikes.
The BMWMOARV'ers... and all seem HAPPY!

I may be there someday.

Hi Rich,

What did you choose as your Toy Hauler? We have just retired and have been looking for a couple of years now, but still not sure. Class A or C with lift or trailer or Travel Trailer Toy Hauler. Have you looked at or posted on the RV thread under The Great Outdoors?

Thanks.

Edit: I found Rich's post from Nov 2018, looks like a nice setup. My preference would be to not sleep in the garage.

Last edited:
My wife used to ride with me locally, but has opted for her Mini Convertible now. She encourages my riding and travel, maybe because my Life Insurance is paid by allotment?
I'm looking forward to my first MOA Rally next June and another trip to the Dust to Dawson Non Rally assuming the schedules of the two events don't coincide. Later next summer my Aussie Mate and I plan on the Trans-Lab , the Maritime Provinces, and the North Eastern USA.

There's a very short list of rider's, from anywhere,
aiming for Yukon Territory and Montana in June... then later that year, Newfoundland/Labrador and the Maritime's with the NE US included for good measure!

It's just one day at a time, but still impressive.

Yep, if they've forgotten to take "Rocky" WITH Bullwinkle, over to the Little Belt mountain range... he's sure to trot back for his buddy!

I've just had a morning coffee induced good thought.

Ten months from now, the National Rally will have just ended... and a bunch of us will be out riding Montana.

Love your optimistic outlook John! :thumb

Please let the fellow dream a little Paul.

Just four and a half months ago when the 2020 Rally was cancelled/postponed... June of 2021 seemed an eternity!

And as this hellish summer of 20 comes to a close, there's light at the end of the tunnel. I hope.

So, what happens at these “rallies”? What is the draw?

Or is it primarily an excuse to go on a long ride?

Back