• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Today we lost one of the Women of the MOA

Jiggs
I'm sharing this post from Karol's Facebook page for everyone,

It is with great sadness that we share news of the passing of Karol Patzer, due to complications from Ovarian Cancer.

Karol lived her life to the fullest and always greeted you with a glowing smile, and open arms. She will be greatly missed, but we know she's already pursuing her next adventure.

Plans for Karol's service will be announced once we have set a date.

We would love for her friends to share their memories of her through photos and stories on her Facebook page.

As Karol always said, "Ride hard, go far, keep smiling..."

Sorry to hear this bad news. Karol will be missed by the entire BMW community. Smooth riding ahead for you Karol.

Friedle
MOA Ambassador

Sad to learn of Karol's passing.
She was a great lady, a great rider and a great ambassador for BMW.
I have ridden with Karol on numerous multi-day rallies and worked closely with her as one of the Committee Chairs for the MOA Rally here in St Paul.
I chatted briefly with her during the recent MN1000 Rally; she was never without a smile or a good word.
She is one of those unforgettable personalities that surely will be missed.

RIP, Karol.

Joe P

It's hard to put into words Karol's amazing contribution to our world. After 20+ years of talking with her at motorcycle shows, rallies and board meetings, I finally got to sit with her and her beau Jerry to have lunch in a small Arkansas town a few years ago during the RA rally. She did so much for our community publicly, privately she was a personal mentor to me, a very focused rider with a true sense of why we do what we do.

She will be greatly missed.

Ian

It's hard to put into words Karol's amazing contribution to our world. After 20+ years of talking with her at motorcycle shows, rallies and board meetings, I finally got to sit with her and her beau Jerry to have lunch in a small Arkansas town a few years ago during the RA rally. She did so much for our community publicly, privately she was a personal mentor to me, a very focused rider with a true sense of why we do what we do.

She will be greatly missed.

Ian

I remember that day, Ian, and surely no one will miss her more than I.

I just saw this, as I am trying to catch up after the Holidays. I knew her name & face, but I never met Karol. I am so sorry to hear this news, as she was a well known part of the BMW family.

Karol was an icon in both the BMW MOA and the motorcycling community at large. She was an Ambassador, a Board Member, a consummate volunteer, and an always smiling face in the BMW MOA. Lest anyone think she was just a smiling lady face, she was also a four - yes four - time finisher of the grueling 11 day Iron Butt Rally. Karol will be missed. My condolences to Jerry and all of her family and friends.

Last edited:
Karol will be missed. My condolences to Jerry and all of her family and friends.

Thank you Paul.

Karol and I were together more than 32 years. She was a kind, gentle, and thoughtful partner with incredible inner strength and a genuine love of the outdoors. I will be eternally grateful for the life we shared.

-Jerry

Farewell kind soul.

I am deeply saddened by the news of Karol’s passing. My sincerest condolences to Jerry. I am without words. I find myself uncharacteristicly empty inside. The world is a duller place without her. I will miss her terribly. Not seeing her at the next open session board meeting will be very sobering.

Back