• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Let's see your shop

roborider

God? What god?
The "Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift" thread evolved into the idea of a "show your shop" thread. I think it deserves a new thread. Show some pictures of your shop, where you do your wrenching. I'd go first, but I don't have any pictures handy at the moment!

-Robo

For now, it's just a cleaned out space in the garage....

70.jpg

719661257_sS4kA-M.jpg

This is literally it. After almost losing my shirt in 2009, I'm now living in a basement-apartment in the far-northeastern 'burbs of Atlanta and this little bit of parking space is where I do most work on the bike. The garage door behind the bike is nailed shut, that side of the garage having been mostly converted into what is not my living room. The other side is where the landlord parks her car, although she lets me use it every now and then if I've got work to do. I can also use my employer's building (10K square feet, 4 HUGE roll-up doors, and a plethora of jacks & stands & other shop-stuff) if I like.

My "shop" is the small garage I have in back of the small apatment I dwell in, and I am fortunate to have that. Most of the work I do is in front of the garage on the asphalt as pictured here working on my '94 RSL.

4179325276_0a63d634cd.jpg

719661257_sS4kA-M.jpg

This is literally it. After almost losing my shirt in 2009, I'm now living in a basement-apartment in the far-northeastern 'burbs of Atlanta and this little bit of parking space is where I do most work on the bike. The garage door behind the bike is nailed shut, that side of the garage having been mostly converted into what is not my living room. The other side is where the landlord parks her car, although she lets me use it every now and then if I've got work to do. I can also use my employer's building (10K square feet, 4 HUGE roll-up doors, and a plethora of jacks & stands & other shop-stuff) if I like.

"Veg",
I know you sold your beloved airhead, figured it was the economy. The Wall Street "banksters" hurt us all, some more than others. My income dropped by two thirds last year. I actually put both my bikes up for sale, figuring to sell one and keep the other. No offers on either bike and not much interest either. I am glad actually, as things are a little better now and the bikes are still in my possession.
JD

This is at my old house back when I seem to have had a thing for Spitfires. My new house just has an attached 2 car garage full of minivan & Jetta, bike stuffed in the back for the winter. Boring.

Attachments

• gargge.jpg
    gargge.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 911
Not a very big area, but at least it's inside.

Attachments

• P9170023.jpg
    P9170023.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 890
The upper deck has room to park both bikes.

Attachments

• PB170004.jpg
    PB170004.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 879
This is at my old house back when I seem to have had a thing for Spitfires. My new house just has an attached 2 car garage full of minivan & Jetta, bike stuffed in the back for the winter. Boring.

Spitfires were fun.

When they are together.

My house....well. One car needs to sit on the street if it' snot in my Auto Repair shop. The shop itself if 2500 sq ft with about 400 devoted to the bikes.

I built a room inside my garage that is heated & secure. I only have to heat a 10 by 15 ft room plus If someone was to break into my garage they have one more room to break into. I live in a small town & hopefully the police can get there in time.

Attachments

• ScanningTest2 009.jpg
    ScanningTest2 009.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 705
I built a room inside my garage that is heated & secure. I only have to heat a 10 by 15 ft room plus If someone was to break into my garage they have one more room to break into. I live in a small town & hopefully the police can get there in time.

Wow - a bike altar/shrine - cool.

Some of these set ups are awesome.

For me the most monumental moment was when I had the cement garage floor put in.

Seeing these others - that was nothing.

Keep 'em coming.

Great Post!

new garage!

After way too long with nothing more than a leaky shed my wife said we need to replace it. :twirl
It is 12'x24' and was just delivered 12/17/09 and I need to set it up for my workshop, i get to start with a clean slate.
It is bikes / workshop only, first a workbench & heat since it is only 1 degree this morning. then i can set it up.

Attachments

• IMGP0737.jpg
    IMGP0737.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 680
Back