• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hungry Mother to Las Vegas

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Hunry Mother State Park. My father helped build it during the depression as a member of the CCC (the original workfare program where farmers and other poor citizens sent their young men to work so they could feed their families). A group of Chromeheads from the Northeast rented a cabin there a few years ago and I showed them some of the other great roads in addition to Rt 16 (Back of the Dragon). I live about 5 miles from the park and have for most of my life. I always thought the roads around here were regular roads until I left the area and found out they are unique and special. Our Back of the Dragon Day in June is an attempt to make others in the motorcycle and sports car world aware of our little piece of motoring heaven.

Very nice post. You guys always have such great pictures and good writing about your travels. My sister lives in LV. Hope we could meet you two sometime when I'm out to see her!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Hunry Mother State Park. My father helped build it during the depression as a member of the CCC (the original workfare program where farmers and other poor citizens sent their young men to work so they could feed their families). A group of Chromeheads from the Northeast rented a cabin there a few years ago and I showed them some of the other great roads in addition to Rt 16 (Back of the Dragon). I live about 5 miles from the park and have for most of my life. I always thought the roads around here were regular roads until I left the area and found out they are unique and special. Our Back of the Dragon Day in June is an attempt to make others in the motorcycle and sports car world aware of our little piece of motoring heaven.

We stayed in cabin 3, wonderful place - the lodge was also great. Too bad we live so far away, we really enjoyed the quiet. Back of the Dragon was fun also.

Very nice post. You guys always have such great pictures and good writing about your travels. My sister lives in LV. Hope we could meet you two sometime when I'm out to see her!

When you make it out here, give us a couple days notice, always available for Beemer guys & gals. Had a nice ride across southern IN. on I-64.

Back