• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Schuberth SRC system - how to summon Siri?

fvrana

Greetings all,

I have an iPhone 4S which i use to play music, get GPS prompts, etc. via my recently acquired SRC system. That part of the system works very well. However I'd like to make calls via the iphone, but without actually touching it - my gloves are rather bulky and the result of my attempts frequently doesn't look anything like what I intended to do. So it would be awesome if I could figure out a way to summon Siri and have her text or dial the phone.

Can this be done? I know other systems seem to allow that. I've looked for a way to do this but on the SRC without success. I'd sure be thankful if someone could tell me if it can be done, and if so, how.

Frank
---------
'98 R1100RT 135,000 Km.

Schuberth SRC

I bought a new SRC system for my Schuberth C3 Pro on Friday. It's installed, new software has been downloaded and updated, and I'm getting Bluetooth music from my IPhone 6 and hearing the radio. My problem is making and receiving incoming calls. When a call comes in, the music goes quiet but I cant hear anything, ringing, etc. Schuberth says you have to turn up the volume on each device you Bluetooth connect to the SRC but I have done this and I'm still not able to hear an incoming call. Has anyone else had this problem?

What I've read is that all you need do is press and hold the mobile button (I believe its the middle one with the phone icon), wait for the ding (or whatever that sound is for Siri) and just give it commands, like for calls or playing music.

The above is true but it took me a while to get the timing down.

I just sat in the living room with my phone out and helmet on and followed the directions. It was a big hit with the wife and kids. haha

Siri and Schuberth SRC

Thanks everyone for the response. I will try the Siri advice and after syncing/pairing the phone with the helmet again, the phone started working. I was told it was a bad pairing.

Again, thanks!

Cannot Hear Ringer when Call Comes in on IPhone 6+

I bought a new SRC system for my Schuberth C3 Pro on Friday. It's installed, new software has been downloaded and updated, and I'm getting Bluetooth music from my IPhone 6 and hearing the radio. My problem is making and receiving incoming calls. When a call comes in, the music goes quiet but I cant hear anything, ringing, etc. Schuberth says you have to turn up the volume on each device you Bluetooth connect to the SRC but I have done this and I'm still not able to hear an incoming call. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have this problem, too! All this damn gear and for what?

I habve a 6 plus I make phone calls on, post pictures with, and check the radar. Otherwise, I unplug the thing and just ride. I have 2 GPSs and a map. No comm. No music. Just ride. My bias. YMMV

Schuberth SRC System Pro and Siri on iPhone 7

After the initial trouble of trying to summon Siri on the SRC system (this is the newer one, with the intercom button being in the center of the 3 front buttons), I ended up calling Cardo tech system (no help there) and then Schuberth. Schuberth tech support solved the problem: the "+" button needs to be pushed for about 1.5 seconds (release before you hear the "beep"). Apparently, if you let go of the button too soon, you only adjust the volume. Too long, and you access the bluetooth pairing mode, disconnecting your phone from the SRC system (in which case you will have to redo the pairing process; I had to "forget" the SRC system on my phone and then rediscover it).
Hope that helps!

The next time I get a dog I am going to name it Siri. Then when it is outside doing its business and I call it I will already know how to summon Siri, :)

That's why I like my Sena system. To answer a call, you just tap the phone button on the back. Same as using Siri, just tap the button. No holding for 1.5 seconds.

troll-siri_o_376465.jpg

:eek
om

SRCS-Siri stuff

My C3 Pro is fabulous with 6S iTunes, FM, and Pandora, and phone calls.....however....it took me quite a while to make friends with the SRCS "logic." Schuberth tech help was awesome when I was learning the buttonology........

- I ONLY pair the 6S, not my Zumo
-for Siri to call one of my contacts: touch "mobile" button once....you will hear a "ding"...I do NOT wait for her to respond....just say (clearly) "Call Smitty", she'll respond: "calling Smitty"
when the call is ended, I normally don't have to do anything. If my music does come back, I say "Siri, play music"....she will not respond....but music will come back !!

-to answer a phone call: I'll hear my ringtone, answer by touching the "mobile" button....phone call complete...."mobile" button again, if music no return.

-This past weekend my buddy & I actually paired my SRCS to his new Sena......much hair pulling & several beers....but we did it :banghead

Back