• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Winter Gear = Secondary Mirrors 2004 R1150RTP

Bill Lumberg
As the few cold months of our local year approach, I am reminded that bulkier winter gear significantly degrades my mirror views. While I've read here of several options, which mirrors bolt up directly (and hopefully look the best) to the existing holes for a 2004 RT?

I just happen to have a set (both left and right) of mirrors I ordered for my R11RTP. I got them from my local BMW dealer several years ago but chose not to use them. Looking at the Max BMW Fische - 51-2630 - I would guess they are from a GS. Don't know if they will fit your model year. If you think they will work for you, make me an offer.

I just happen to have a set (both left and right) of mirrors I ordered for my R11RTP. I got them from my local BMW dealer several years ago but chose not to use them. Looking at the Max BMW Fische - 51-2630 - I would guess they are from a GS. Don't know if they will fit your model year. If you think they will work for you, make me an offer.

Last year I hunted down some GS mirrors for my R1100RT. I could not find any 1100GS mirrors so I bought a set of 1150GS mirrors thinking they will fit. They don't.

You need to get 1100GS mirrors for an 1100RT and you need to get 1150GS mirrors for the 1150RT.

I ended up selling the 1150 mirrors found 1100GS mirrors at two different bike dismantlers on eBay. They work very well especially when I have my Ortlieb bag on my back seat which blocks some of the view of the stock RT mirrors.

Read somewhere here that guys have also used the K1200 mirrors which look more cool than the mickey mouse ear GS mirrors but I think they cost more. Esthetics are great but safety is what I was after.

Last edited:
Back