• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How does one post a picture without text?

WalterK75

I see some people can post pictures without any text. How is this done? When I try I get a message telling me I don't have enough text and I can't post until I write something.

I've seen people put a single period as the text and then upload the picture. It's some requirement of vBulletin.

It seems to be internally adjusted when a/the forum is set up. I think the default is 10 characters. Last I knew, it was 4 here (before the update). I'm not sure of a situation where this would be necessary.
If you really want to, I think you can include text, then the picture, then go back and edit out the text. As Kurt mentioned, you may still have to leave a period. The other way may be to hot link the picture from a photo-sharing site so it looks like text to the forum software. I haven't messed with the concept as I haven't seen a need to explore whether the feature exists or not. OM

Back