• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

garmin zumo

EDWARDRITTI

anyone using a garmin zumo - daylight visibility (is it as good as advertised) - with the newest model can the change from gps to music be made quickly or is there an involved process - do they hook into an autocom easily - are they worth the price - thanks for any help - Ritti

What model are you looking at. I have had a 550 for awhile. IT depends on the angle it is at when mounted. In daylight with the sun hitting it and can be hard to see.

Problems with the sun light washing out the screen display can be taken care of, for the most part with a shade placed on the unit. I have the 550 and I have been extremely happy with it. I have had it now for 6-7 years and I use it on my 2 bikes and truck. I do believe some features do not come with the newer units. The only thing I would like to see it with is being able to reverse track when using tracks. I used mine for the TAT 2 years ago after converting the roll charts to gps tracks. Due to not being able to reverse track a route, I use a 276c in tandem if expected. Bivouacing through the woods, I use the 76csx but will soon upgrade to the Montana. Just a few tidbits added to the question.

I can see my 550 fine in all circumstances. The only issue I have with it is that if you want stereo music from it you have to plug into it. IT doesn't have A2DP bluetooth profile so it can't do stereo bluetooth. I believe the 660 can do this.

I sometimes adjust the plane my Zumo 660 sits in, but I can see the screen all the time.

The 660 can do stereo BT, the 550 cannot. It sounds great!

I sometimes adjust the plane my Zumo 660 sits in, but I can see the screen all the time.

The 660 can do stereo BT, the 550 cannot. It sounds great!

Stereo??!!!! Gads, I never realized that. My hearing must going faster than I thought!!! :banghead

BT 2 was stereo, but I use wired earphones and mic, it is better at higher speed.

Back