• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What would you like to see at the 2020 Great Falls Rally?

I like the idea of fewer sales pitches masquerading as seminars. As an alternative, could they at least be listed as sales pitches (or some PC alternative) on the list of seminars?

To encourage mortals to present at rallies could presenters get a year extension on their MOA membership or be included in the ON presenters’ dinner?

Great idea! While I believe most would present for free with no compensation but including a year membership is a great idea. The best seminars I've attended were those presented by folks with nothing to sell other than information and advice.

Just in case it would be good to know capable BMW motorcycle shop in Great Falls?

Doug..... the return of Doug or people like him. That would be great to see at the rally. :nod

(for those unawares, Doug used to haul a shop-in-a-trailer to the rally and fix people's bikes. There were huge windows on both sides so that you could watch him work. Best. Show. In. Town.)

I wonder, now that we've refilled our rally coffers, if we could help a vendor or vendors do something like this? Maybe something as simple as comping their exhibitor fee.

Doug..... the return of Doug or people like him. That would be great to see at the rally. :nod

(for those unawares, Doug used to haul a shop-in-a-trailer to the rally and fix people's bikes. There were huge windows on both sides so that you could watch him work. Best. Show. In. Town.)

I wonder, now that we've refilled our rally coffers, if we could help a vendor or vendors do something like this? Maybe something as simple as comping their exhibitor fee.

And don't forget Robert, the Tire Nazi. Doug and Robert were often better entertainment that what was presented in the Biergarten.

Friedle

I'm glad he was at the Fredericksburg Texas National.
Debbie had a rear main seal leaking on her K75S and the two BMW shops said they were too busy to do the repair.

And don't forget Robert, the Tire Nazi. Doug and Robert were often better entertainment that what was presented in the Biergarten.

Friedle

Also don't forget Red with his milk crate stand for working on motorcycles. Talk about a "show."

[QUOTE= And Gator with acres of old ripped blue tarps full of random used parts. Good old days.

Friedle

What would I like to see at the 2020 Rally...

Hi there.

I really enjoyed checking out all of the vendors in the marketplace, last year. It is cool to actually see the gear in real time. We are often relegated to looking online and then trial and error for fit and finish, so the vendor section is great.

Secondly, I really enjoyed the seminars last year. I would love to see another seminar on the GPS equipment that focused on the average rider taking some great back road routes to no where. Last year the presenter gave a PHD level presentation on European travel and border crossings, etc. Really cool stuff that I will probably never use.

Thanks for asking.
Keith.

I always wondered why Aerostich isn't at the rallies. They just did a pop-up event in Vallejo, CA, I would think it would be more economical to do a rally.

I always wondered why Aerostich isn't at the rallies. They just did a pop-up event in Vallejo, CA, I would think it would be more economical to do a rally.

Call up Andy Goldfine and give him the word! :thumb

I think Aerostich would do quite well at our rally. Sizing is very important with their clothing and they can measure right there. They should bring all kinds of sample gadgets from their catalog so that you can touch and feel before ordering online in the booth and getting the goodies shipped to your house.

I think that, with on-line ordering and shipping, it’s no longer necessary to bring a huge inventory to an event. That said, a lot of people do like to return home from the rally trying out their new treasure....

How about a parking area for bikes that are for sale? I’m not suggesting a swap meet type of thing, just a spot you could park and hang a sign on your bike. If someone is looking to buy or sell a bike they would have a place to go.

How about a parking area for bikes that are for sale? I’m not suggesting a swap meet type of thing, just a spot you could park and hang a sign on your bike. If someone is looking to buy or sell a bike they would have a place to go.
Sounds like a great idea. Easy to implement.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

It is a good idea, but posting it on the forum is probably not going to get it seriously considered. Contacting the rally chairs will certainly get it considered.

It is a good idea, but posting it on the forum is probably not going to get it seriously considered. Contacting the rally chairs will certainly get it considered.
OP Tori is an MOA staff person. Presumably she is following her thread.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I was at the Redmond ,OR rally parked next to my tent with a for sell sign on my bike and it sold. So it does work!:wave

I parked next to the demo bike display at the Sedalia rally and found a buyer, so this idea has been on my mind for a while.

After reading this thread and other rally threads over the years I wonder if a motorcycle rental company wouldn’t do bad at the rally
. Every year people inquire about rentals close to the rally site , if a source was there would folks fly or come to rent a bike that week. Especially when they are ona limited schedule and the site is far from home.

Back