• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2014 RT OEM 28 Liter Top Case

gloucesterman

Howdy,
Anyone try to buy (order) a 2014RT BMW OEM 28 liter top case? Talked to my dealer today to attempt a purchase. Been on back order since June 2017 with over 600 orders in the USA waiting!!! Hard to understand that. :banghead
Later,
Norm

Hard to understand. I bought my 2017 RT on June 23 and ordered the small top case for it then. Arrived promptly.

small-case.jpg

alpinweiss.jpg

Got mine used with backrest and 2 keys for $275 shipped.

They are around for sure. And since the 28 liter is the less popular version (at least from my experience) I would think they are available.

I am headed to my dealer tomorrow and will ask the parts manager if he is having trouble getting the 28 liter.

Howdy,
Anyone try to buy (order) a 2014RT BMW OEM 28 liter top case? Talked to my dealer today to attempt a purchase. Been on back order since June 2017 with over 600 orders in the USA waiting!!! Hard to understand that. :banghead
Later,
Norm

If your dealer can't get one they're available on Amazon (as is practically anything).

Howdy,
Later,
Norm

I bought one from my dealer when I bought my 14RT (in Nov. 14 ), he had it in stock. Just a note mine is a plain jane , no lights just the basic top case.

I bought one online thru a BMW store in Germany. With shipping it came to a little over $300. I kept thinking there must be some catch, but all was good. Use it every day!

Hi,
Checked with another dealer and they will be available around Sept. 20th.
Later,
Norm

Yeah. We heard that last weekend too. But then they have 600 units already to fill so they estimated 6-8 weeks beyond to get one. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazy

I'd like to order the case and the lock set from my dealer so he can install the lock set then ship it to me.
Later,
Norm

Hi,
Well the latest on the 28 L top case is now Feb. 2018 from BMW Motorrad. :scratch:scratch So I did order one off of Amazon. Talked to New Century and they did not have one either and told me they were in the same boat as everyone else, waiting. Still two more left at Amazon if anyone is looking.
Later,
Norm

Back