• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fuel pump recall??

Looks like it's different in Canada.
Mine's being fixed as I'm writing while waiting in the dealer's "lounge" :whistle

Looks like it's different in Canada.
Mine's being fixed as I'm writing while waiting in the dealer's "lounge" :whistle

What's different? Not having to wait for parts or how the repair is handled.

If no leaks are present, cracks in the flange are small, and the flange diameter has not exceeded a certain measurement, then a reinforcing ring will be installed on the flange neck to prevent the possibility of future leakage. !

I was disappointed when I read this segment in my letter. I figured if you had any type of cracks in the flange BMW would install the updated pump.

I was disappointed when I read this segment in my letter. I figured if you had any type of cracks in the flange BMW would install the updated pump.

Me too

Sent from my iPhone, inspected and certified by the NSA

I got letters for both of our RTs (2007,2008) last week.The last time I had the tupperware off on mine (2008) before I put it away for the winter I saw no indication of any issue but will schedule this in along with new tires this spring. I have not checked my wife's (2007) recently but am getting the brake fluid service completed along with new tires this spring so will address then.

How hard is it to check this out myself. Is there a way to see it without total disassembly? I have an 2008 GSA.

How hard is it to check this out myself. Is there a way to see it without total disassembly? I have an 2008 GSA.

On my RT, all I had to do was to remove my left side panel (4 screws)
I don't know with the GSA, but it should not be that complicated.

The left badged cover comes off to expose the pump assy, the connector and the flange are visible. On the GSA , there is another assy and a fitting on the right side as well, I am assuming they will look at both on the GSA's.

The left badged cover comes off to expose the pump assy, the connector and the flange are visible. On the GSA , there is another assy and a fitting on the right side as well, I am assuming they will look at both on the GSA's.

Thanks for that, I am hoping to see for myself what this problem looks like.

The NHSTA site shows my '08 r1200r being in the VIN range of the recall.
I am not the original owner, so I contacted BMWNA and gave them my contact information.
As of today, I have not gotten any correspondence.
Anyone else?

The NHSTA site shows my '08 r1200r being in the VIN range of the recall.
I am not the original owner, so I contacted BMWNA and gave them my contact information.
As of today, I have not gotten any correspondence.
Anyone else?

Called local BMW dealer and they ran my VIN #. Said it was on recall list and I have an appointment for a week from today. Also ordered metal quick disconnects from BeemerBoneyard and the dealer said they will install them when they do the recall.
: )

leak '07RT

Just replaced the fuel pump controller, used Haynes manual to troubleshoot for pump failure (it was good), filter etc, used info on this forum re the fpc, it had died. Bike started & ran great, then filled up and gas leaking down left side. Pulled off left panel, re tightened the metal retaining ring, leak slowed dramatically but its weeping from the tab on white collar fitting the fuel pump assy sits down in. Parts fiche lists this as a supporting ring 161 411 82 903. Anyone have same experience? P.S. Po'd 'cause can't ride & it's spring time.

Checked with dealer here, said sounds like the flange is cracked & is covered under the recall; just have to wait three weeks to get in for check up and repairs. Better than being told, 'we've never heard of that before...'

Back