• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Packtalk Bold & Nav VI Setup?

jstrube

John.
I've never had a modern GPS... Just bought the Packtalk Bold...

Is there a good resource for integration and how these work together? I watched the Video they put out, am working through the setup guide.

I have heard you can link both your phone (I use Apple), and your GPS, or you can link the phone to the GPS. I do not know which is better.

I want to listen to music and get directions. I do not care if the directions speak over the music.

I also would like to get my Valentine V1 alerts always, no matter what I am doing.

And I want to talk to my wife or buddy. I would like to get my music and directions while talking.

Can I do this? Can I do more?

Also trying to figure out if you can switch between buddies. Sometimes I want to talk to Joseph, not my wife, or visa versa.

I found the Basecamp tutorials.

Thanks!

I use PackTalk Bold and link it to the NAV VI on my bike. Do you have the PackTalk operator's instructions? The procedure for pairing devices to the PTB is covered in there. The manual is downloadable on the Cardo site.

I use PackTalk Bold and link it to the NAV VI on my bike. Do you have the PackTalk operator's instructions? The procedure for pairing devices to the PTB is covered in there. The manual is downloadable on the Cardo site.

I don't have questions about how to pair, just the best combination to get it to work. I can either pair both independently or chain them. I am just looking for info on how most do it and what the result is. Previously, I just used my phone for music on the SENA

That is a much better video than I found. Since I do not have TFT, and have a Cardo, I assume skip the TFT part and focus on the similar attributes?

That is what I did but with only a Nav 5 I went back to pairing my phone to the Packtalk Bold and my GPS to the PackTalk Bold as a GPS.

I give up the limited functionality of the Nav 5 Smartphone Link but enjoy the music streaming from my phone.

If I had a Nav 6 I think I'd likely do it the way the guy recommends in the Video and run everything through the Nav 6.

I paired my Cardo to the phone (1st pairing) and to the GPS directly (2nd pairing), as I don't have the TFT, either.

It's pretty easy to do, and it did work for me. I've since fired Garmin and am awaiting the arrival of TomTom. Had it with BaseCamp...

Best of luck to you.

Linking Cardo, NAV and iPhone

After reading everything I could find on each device I am using and listening to several hours of different YouTube videos, I am happy to say that I was finally able to integrate the NAV VI, the Packtalk units, and my iPhone so that I can ride with a passenger, communicate with them in intercom mode, share the music streaming into my helmet, and hear the navigation system all at the same time!

It's a very slick system.

You can travel while both riders listen to music and when the NAV system gives instructions, or you want to speak to each other, the volume of the music automatically diminishes so you can hear the the intercom of Nav. I made detailed instructions with video links for even more detail on setting it all up in the correct order.

PM me with an email address if you want me to send you a copy.

After reading everything I could find on each device I am using and listening to several hours of different YouTube videos, I am happy to say that I was finally able to integrate the NAV VI, the Packtalk units, and my iPhone so that I can ride with a passenger, communicate with them in intercom mode, share the music streaming into my helmet, and hear the navigation system all at the same time!

It's a very slick system.

You can travel while both riders listen to music and when the NAV system gives instructions, or you want to speak to each other, the volume of the music automatically diminishes so you can hear the the intercom of Nav. I made detailed instructions with video links for even more detail on setting it all up in the correct order.

PM me with an email address if you want me to send you a copy.

I would like a copy. samalexander.1953@gmail.com Thanks

Back