• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mini Rally Sturgis Michigan

I've been to two of them - missed last year as it was a bit rainy and I had limited vacation time.

It's been a good time. I've met a lot of really nice people, it's a laid back bunch, you have the choice between camping under trees with a campfire or in a grassy field (trees around the edges) under the stars (no campfire). Low key but quite enjoyable and worth the minimal rally cost. Hotels are nearby if that's your thing, easy to get into town for provisions and restaurants.

is it happening this year?

I haven't seen the listing for this yet. I went to the same two as Josh, and had a nice time.

I haven't seen the listing for this yet. I went to the same two as Josh, and had a nice time.

I didn't realize it wasn't listed in the latest issue of the Owners News. It's still shown on the website under "happenings":

MI May 1 - 3, 2009
36th Original Mini Rally
BMW Motorcycle Club of Battle Creek #14
You are invited to attend our wonderful rally at Green Valley Campground, Sturgis, Michigan. Fee is $20 at gate (no pre-reg) & includes coffee, donuts, tea, hot chocolate all weekend. Plus, mid-day subs & pizza sold on the grounds & can be ordered for dinner. Nice restaurants in the area & motels, if you‘re not camping. Door prizes & awards. Friday night we will have Hot dogs. Great Sunday morning pancake breakfast. Campgrounds have hot showers, inside/outside eating areas, firewood & miniature golf for only $1/game. Located 1.5 mi west of MI-66 aon Fawn River Rd., which is 1.25 mi S of US 12, and 2mi N of I-80/90. Info: Connie Scarbrough 269-731-4826, Connie Cadwell 815-226-7062 or <<email removed>>

I'm going to fire off an email and see what they have to say.

I travel for a livin and happened to be in the area a couple of years ago and went to it. Found it in the anonymous book. Good time and good people. Just the type of mini rally I like. I would go back if I happen to be in the area.

I've been to 6 Mini-rallys in the last 9 years. It's a good time. Lots of great people and very laid back. Often, a few venders will show up.
Overall, I try to make it each year because it's a good way to start off the riding season.

Received word back from Connie, the listed contact on the "happenings" page for this rally. here is her reply:

"The Mini Rally is still on, I have sent information to BMWMOA not sure why not in.. I just e-mail the magazine to fine out why not in. Thanks for you interest."

So we are a "GO" for the Mini rally May 1st! :clap

Fun rally

I went last year and had a great time. The rain wasn't serious and the rally is very friendly and a lot of fun. Sadly I have to miss this year as the Icelandic National League Conference is the same weekend. I would definitely be at the mini-rally otherwise.

Hey, did anyone notice in the the Feb ON that Gimli Manitoba got tranposed to Minnesota! (page 64)

Holly

The Mini-Rally is a great event. The Battle Creek Club throws a great laid back event. I recommend attending. It is a great start to the motorcycle rally season.
Green Valley Campground is a very nice and motorcycle friendly campground. The weather can be hit and miss. Most of the time the weather is fabulous. You just have to remember that this is Michigan. Wait a couple of minutes and the weather will change.

Take Care & Ride Safe
Pat Carol

Is there a link to the rally website?

It's a small rally (maybe 200 people last time I was there), and they don't have a rally website or anything. The rally is listed on the website in the "happenings" section, so if you have questions for them you can call or email - they responded to my email pretty quickly.

FYI: There is no pre-registration or anything, just show up with your camping gear (unless you're staying at a hotel of course), pay the small fee, and have some fun. :thumb

This one finally appeared in the Owners News - #6 in the March issue. If you're within a few hours (and you know, weather permitting), I recommend showing up and spending two nights with us. Good camping, lots of space, and great people! If we could get a forum gathering I'd even be willing to organize something just for us... what's it going to take to get you people out? :D

This one finally appeared in the Owners News - #6 in the March issue. If you're within a few hours (and you know, weather permitting), I recommend showing up and spending two nights with us. Good camping, lots of space, and great people! If we could get a forum gathering I'd even be willing to organize something just for us... what's it going to take to get you people out? :D

I put it on the calendar... :wave

First

Well I going to check my camping gear, it is all new this year as I not camped in hell, 40 years.

Then attend for the first time since listening to the Red Clay Ramblers at Remus, camp in a tent. I'll take old Sam (84 RT) down M-40 to the grounds.

A dog rescue makes is kind of hard to get away. Way too many chores to be gone very long, so Sturgis. Might just be the thing to shake the cobwebs off.

So May 1 is on my BB.

For those of us close enough to ride in for the day, which day is preferable, Saturday or Sunday? I will put this on the calendar! My first real MOA sanctioned event in my "new" homeland!

I've only been a couple of times, but Saturday would be the day to be there. Sometimes BMW of Grand Rapids has demo bikes there, there's always hot coffee, and lots of people, and some fun awards in the evening. Now that I think about it, they have also had some slow speed contests going on Saturday, too. Sunday has just been the time for me to pack up and head home, although not until I enjoy the great pancake breakfast!

The best day is definitely Saturday. Friday is arrival day, and a number of people don't show up until late afternoon. Saturday has the slow races and other field events going on.

I've gotten some bad news from my employer and now it's looking questionable for my attendance, which makes me none too happy with them. It's still a little ways off, so we shall see.

Hey all; Sounds like fun, put me down!! In fact, I will be coming down with my youngest son (on his Suzuki). Isn't this the same bunch of hooligans that put on the vintage bike show at Gilmore farms in the summer? Think spring everyone!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

Back