• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Inversion Table

kskraye

Been having some lower back and neck problems, fingers want to go numb when riding. Started going back to the chiropractor and things are getting better. I have talked to two chiropractors and both say the inversion table is bad, I've talked to a couple people that use the table on a regular basis and they love it. So which is it, bad for me or bad for the chiropractor's business:scratch.

Been having some lower back and neck problems, fingers want to go numb when riding. Started going back to the chiropractor and things are getting better. I have talked to two chiropractors and both say the inversion table is bad, I've talked to a couple people that use the table on a regular basis and they love it. So which is it, bad for me or bad for the chiropractor's business:scratch.

In my book, bad for the chiro. But then, I'm not a doctor, didn't play one on TV, etc. I fought symptoms similar to yours for 10 years using massive doses of Ibu and rounds of inversion and cervical traction, before having surgery on my neck to fix the disc/spur/stenosis issues at the root of the problem. Were I you, I'd bypass the chiros and get a nerve conductivity test and an MRI of your neck to show to a neurosurgeon. That numbness/pain in arm and hand is telling... and I don't miss it a bit.

But, as I said, I'm no doctor.

Good luck,
DG

Lemme see, C5-C4 super narrow, makes my arms/hands go numb. L4-L5, disc not existent and then there is my favorite, L5-S1, facets bone on bone, super narrowing. I love when my legs go to sleep. "Really Occifer, I have a problem with my back. Seriously, I'm sober! You do that walk toe to heel test first and see how well you do!"

All thanks to Arhur and being an HD Mechanic.

Bone head that I can be, too old for surgery and now too old for injections. Damn. Nobody told me getting old was going to be tougher than playing hockey and then of course, the bald spot.

I got a super, really out there chiro. He takes care of me.

Tried the acupuncture route, was OK. Tried the table, it was OK but they should put a warning on it, "don't drink beers, don't go beering with your buddies and don't come after beer o'clock".

TENS does help some but combination of my Chiro and lots of stretching and exercise, I can dance a jig like the short, fat, old, bald guy that I am and the chicks dig it.

My wife and I both have back issues. I can tell you that we both feel better after using our inversion table. They were recommended to us by both actual back doctors (you know, MDs) and chiropractors.

In my book, bad for the chiro. But then, I'm not a doctor, didn't play one on TV, etc. I fought symptoms similar to yours for 10 years using massive doses of Ibu and rounds of inversion and cervical traction, before having surgery on my neck to fix the disc/spur/stenosis issues at the root of the problem. Were I you, I'd bypass the chiros and get a nerve conductivity test and an MRI of your neck to show to a neurosurgeon. That numbness/pain in arm and hand is telling... and I don't miss it a bit.

But, as I said, I'm no doctor.

Good luck,
DG

Plus1 on this. See a Neuro Dr. and find out what's going on. I had a partial disc removal (ruptured disc) 16 years ago, also had a few bulging discs noted at the time. Over the years there is most likely more bulging, I can feel it when the spine is compressed (think jumping off the back of a truck). Regular core strengthening exercise has been the most effective treatment. Find out what your issues are and get the Dr.'s advice on how to proceed.
My opinion? Inversion table 'probably' wouldn't hurt and may provide temporary relief by stretching the spine to relieve pressure on the nerves. Similar to what the Chiro does, and just a s temporary!
Disclaimer: I'm not a Dr. and don't play one on the internet!
Good luck, nerve pain sucks!

Have one, tried it for a bit...it did help but like chiropractor, & acupuncture, it is IMO temporary . I just got tired of HAVING to do all of them on a schedule. That told me it is like bailing water on the Titanic.

Looking into Stem-Cell procedure(s) My problem is [all arthritis] low/mid back, hips, shoulder....But lately I too am experiencing what i think is some nerve 'pinching' , hand & foot tingles & twitches,... likely due to the above ? But as has been said....I'm no doctor either.

A buddy of mine has a back that is all torn up and he loves his inversion table.
Hands gong numb could mean many things.

GOT INSURANCE? if so, USE IT. See a Neuro doc and get it sorted. Sooner is better than later.
Good luck!

Back