• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Rally Logo

gussie54

I'm really looking forward to this rally, and I hesitate to sound negative, but...

What's with this year's logo? I always look forward to the Rally logos, because they are always so well done (Spokane w/Lewis & Clark remains my fave). I like the idea of a humorous Bigfoot, but, honestly, this looks SO amateur. Maybe it's just me? Looks like the work of a fifth grader!:deal
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

In agreement...

IMO... it does look like a "kids club" cereal box promo; not something I want on my t-shirt or anything else.

We have a few logo's to be proud of and admire later in life with fondness.... this probably wont be one of them!

But it wont change my excitement for the general location. Enough said on my part.

Every region has a flavor of its own. This logo speaks of "fun" to me. I'm looking forward to adding this patch to Barley's vest.

Although I have to admit when I first saw it, I thought Bigfoot needed more protective gear! :laugh

The rally patch is somewhat misleading. There are no mountains in Salem Ore. There are mountains within thirty minutes. I like the patch but do not want people to be mislead. Great venue. I used to show and sell Llamas at the rally site every Fourth of July at the "Firecracker Llama Show and Sale".

One hour west is the most beautiful coast ride in the US. Bar non. Cannon Beach etc. Your going to love it. I lived in the Pacific NW for thirty five years.

Salem will be somewhat warmer than Redmond in the evening and a bit cooler in the day.

Jack

I buy souvenir rally shirts when they have a logo that make for a good reminder of the rally. I know I'll enjoy Oregon, but I doubt that I'll be buying and wearing a Salem Rally shirt home.

I've got no problem with the logo for a patch or shirt. Looks like someone had fun making it. Some folks get too worked up over nothin.

I dunno I've just seen A LOT of griping about nothing since I've registered on the MOA forums. The patch is ugly, the rally is on the wrong side of the states, the forum is messed up(I've seen this one a lot).

Good lord if ya don't like something change it. If the patch is ugly to you hire someone to make a new one or do one up yourself. If ya don't like the way the forum is being ran volunteer to be part of the site admin team and make it better.

Bigfoot!

I like it:). And, anybody does any real backcountry exploring up in the NW and stumbles across a Bigfoot, the Rally Logo becomes "priceless",imo...I am one of those likely explorers, GSA1200. I call my WHITE GSA1200, "Polarbear", wondering if it fancies or attracts Bigfoot's, hmmm! Of course the Bigfoot also fancies the GSGiants a LOT:). Ya'll gotta keep an open mind to this stuff, makes more fun. BTW, some of are "5th graders" at heart, when it comes to playing on BMWs. Why are you there? Rally = Playtime:). Randy

I see it as a firm sign the board of directors are after the younger rider. :whistle

Go to the rally, buy a shirt. Toss it in the drawer and bring it out in 10 years. Instant classic, plus the aforementioned younger rider will just be getting their license.

Hopefully the folks that attend will have as much fun as the furry thing in the logo is.

Biltmore?

Going twice makes little sense, but its a real nice spot. I just don't get going back to the same spot in recent years. Keep em apart a decade or more, if so. Who said BMWs had to be classy? We're more real folk, imo... Camping at the Biltmore must be cool though! The RA logo, nice but not exceptional, neither is the MOA one but at least the MOA one tells a tale of the NW. Randy

Going twice makes little sense, but its a real nice spot. I just don't get going back to the same spot in recent years. Keep em apart a decade or more, if so. Who said BMWs had to be classy? We're more real folk, imo... Camping at the Biltmore must be cool though! The RA logo, nice but not exceptional, neither is the MOA one but at least the MOA one tells a tale of the NW. Randy

The RA tends to follow the path of least resistance which is not always a bad thing.

My T shirt collection is out of control. And I only wear about 10% of them. Some major winnowing to take place in the near future.

If you really want to attract a Bigfoot, just walk around through the woods with a slab of fresh ham tied to your belt.

Really going twice makes no sense. Seems I was at a MOA rally in Oregon not to long ago. They could not find another state out west?? My BMW is very classy, maybe not the rider so much. See ya in Asheville. :thumb

I'll see y'all in Ashville too. By the way MOA will've had four rallies in Oregon,after this one. I still plan on going,and who does'nt like monkeys on motorcycles.

Back