• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Stinger Trailers?

Seems in order to get the wife to go beyond 300 miles in any direction it's going to require a trailer. I have other bikes in a 3 car garage, kinda limited on space.

I have a GTI and the best general towing capacity is 200lb tongue weight max 2K lbs. The wife's Alltrack is a DSG and I hear the US version isn't spec'd for towing. Biggest bike: R1200GS.

Anyone have any experience with Stinger Trailers?

Last edited:
Seems in order to get the wife to go beyond 300 miles in any direction it's going to require a trailer.

Why don't you just let your wife ride in the passenger seat of the car?:dunno

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself with such a straight line.:rofl

What kind/weight of bike are you needing to tow? That will make a big difference to the answers others may give.

:dance:dance:dance

Why don't you just let your wife ride in the passenger seat of the car?:dunno

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself with such a straight line.:rofl

What kind/weight of bike are you needing to tow? That will make a big difference to the answers others may give.

Because there may be a need to take it to a dealer. I just looking for. "Yes, I have a Stinger trailer here's what I use it for and how I like it as an product."

Because there may be a need to take it to a dealer. I just looking for. "Yes, I have a Stinger trailer here's what I use it for and how I like it as an product."

That does not answer the bike question.

Are you towing a K1200LT or a G310? It makes a difference how well the trailer will handle it. The toungue weight will vary with the weight of the bike, since it appears the wheel choke is fixed.

Last edited:
Back