• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Photo of your K-bike

a86b0fb892d51a7c6e6482657c1c34ec.jpg

This is the best BMW that I have owned. 122,575
A 2000 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my K1300s, amazing bike! Previous was a triumph sprint st 1050, I loved the trumpet but man, the K is just in a category of its own.

c06818c4d6733efece59e51850b1a868.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Tri Color. Welcome to the forum.

Thank you Lee! To be honest, it's an '09, my triumph was an '10. I had the beemer for a week and I am amazed every day at how much it feels like a brand new bike, how comfortable and powerful it is. I had ridden a k1200r 6-7 years ago and liked it but the 1300 and updated bits are really better. Anyhow, glad I found the bike. In Qc/CN, the plates cost twice as much with a sport bike,the dealer could not get rid of the bike because of the premium.... so they dropped the price under what the bought it for, great deal for me....

Accurate reading

I just wish it was easier to get an accurate reading without having to put the bike up on the center stand. I'm old and feeble, and lifting a 600 lb bike is a bit of a chore for me.

96a362b7e54935390874edd219072256.jpg

At least my dirty dirty dirty dirty city K has enough oil in her today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I just wish it was easier to get an accurate reading without having to put the bike up on the center stand. I'm old and feeble, and lifting a 600 lb bike is a bit of a chore for me.

Go buy yourself an extendable mirror....sit on the bike , level it , hold the mirror at the window...check the level. A flashlight can be a nice addition.

I love the orange K1300s! Hard to find! Definitely a keeper!

for some reason they only offered the lava orange in 2009. when i was looking for a K1300s, i wanted orange, so that really limited the selection.

Back