• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Roadside Assistance?

crucian

I'm a new member as of 6/21/17 and opted in for Roadside assistance. Even though my "card" won't arrive until long after I'm "gone", Ray was kind enough to provide my member number via email as it is yet to be posted as an online membership card that I can print, (as of 07/08/17).

So, let's pretend I'm halfway between somewhere and nowhere and have a breakdown requiring assistance. After searching the site from my home computer I'm unable to locate contact information on who or where, or how to obtain roadside? Do I call the MOA phone number and cry? Just kidding but info to access the add on that I opted into with my membership, I can't locate. I will depart with onboard rescue tools but what to I do if they prove insufficient?

Just a gentle suggestion. To attract new members, you might consider a "New Member" package that would, on a timely basis include a membership card (with number) and a guide to "extra" services purchased. I would love to merge into this organization but the front end is not a hug, not even close. You could easily charge an extra ten dollars for a first time package to speed the number/card process and provide a PDF for new members.

Guidance please on RS Assistance.

Thank you

Thomas

So I did locate "Roadside Assistance' under Tools but that was all about the Tire Replacement option, which I did not "opt" into.

How do I obtain simple roadside assistance, if required?

Thanks

I'm a new member as of 6/21/17 and opted in for Roadside assistance. Even though my "card" won't arrive until long after I'm "gone", Ray was kind enough to provide my member number via email as it is yet to be posted as an online membership card that I can print, (as of 07/08/17).

So, let's pretend I'm halfway between somewhere and nowhere and have a breakdown requiring assistance. After searching the site from my home computer I'm unable to locate contact information on who or where, or how to obtain roadside? Do I call the MOA phone number and cry? Just kidding but info to access the add on that I opted into with my membership, I can't locate. I will depart with onboard rescue tools but what to I do if they prove insufficient?

Thomas

I have a bike with warranty now and have BMW roadside assistance and no longer have the MOA plan.
2 years ago when I had the MOA plan the number was 866-454-4260
You also need a Plan letter, A, B, C ect, plus a Code number.

Email Ray, he's very helpful, and he should be able to provide the Plan and Code info.
ray@bmwmoa.org

2 years ago when I had the MOA plan the number was 866-454-4260
You also need a Plan letter, A, B, C ect, plus a Code number.

Thanks for the number. Plan letter? A? B? C? CODE NUMBER? Now I am truly confused.

I'll wait until tomorrow, call the number and see what I can sort out.

Thanks for your reply

Roadside Assistance is impossible

I have been trying to initiate a claim for 4 days. I had to go ahead and purchase a tire prior to preauthoriztion, still not hearing anything from them. Left many voice messages and emails. I should have known that the business of insurance is to ignore or deny claims. What a scam!

I have been trying to initiate a claim for 4 days. I had to go ahead and purchase a tire prior to preauthoriztion, still not hearing anything from them. Left many voice messages and emails. I should have known that the business of insurance is to ignore or deny claims. What a scam!

Is this warranty roadside assistance or the tire assistance provide under the (optional upgrade) membership?
The service under the upgraded membership has (by all reports) very well received.
OM

RoadSide Assistance Coverage question

I will only renew my membership if I can find value in the programs you receive as a member. Has anyone from North Carolina had a request for Roadside Assistance in North Carolina?
The Nations Safe Driver website seems to imply that you need to make an appointment in NC to use it. I've got a question out to BMW MOA Membership about this but I would love to hear real experiences.
Also, has anyone used the tire coverage for a trike or a URAL?

Here is the link in question:
https://www.nsdmc.com/NSD_OGK/products/powersport-avail.asp

We've used the roadside assistance before for towing and it worked well (extremely well actually. They were able to get us a tow in SF when AAA was still searching and saying they couldn't find anyone available).

On our last trip, we had a tire replacement and this is proving to be a big PITA. My wife got a flat in Oregon on a Sunday. Our only way to fix it was to buy a tire at Cyclegear and find a small shop to replace it. We got approval (an extremely long and painful process on the phone that also pissed of the shop) and submitted all their documents and now they're telling us the invoice from the shop won't count because it says "Work Order" at the top. It has a list of what was done with corresponding price, but they say it isn't itemized. It says the bike year, make, and model, but they say it doesn't have vehicle information. Overall it just seems like they are trying to nitpick us and get us to give up on being reimbursed. I think when this is all done I'm going to file a complaint with the insurance commissioner. I'm just not sure whether to do it here or in the state where the flat occurred.

After all this, we are debating keeping the roadside service.

I was thinking about signing up for the tire and roadside when my membership renews but now I'm having 2nd thoughts.

We've used the roadside assistance before for towing and it worked well (extremely well actually. They were able to get us a tow in SF when AAA was still searching and saying they couldn't find anyone available).

On our last trip, we had a tire replacement and this is proving to be a big PITA. My wife got a flat in Oregon on a Sunday. Our only way to fix it was to buy a tire at Cyclegear and find a small shop to replace it. We got approval (an extremely long and painful process on the phone that also pissed of the shop) and submitted all their documents and now they're telling us the invoice from the shop won't count because it says "Work Order" at the top. It has a list of what was done with corresponding price, but they say it isn't itemized. It says the bike year, make, and model, but they say it doesn't have vehicle information. Overall it just seems like they are trying to nitpick us and get us to give up on being reimbursed. I think when this is all done I'm going to file a complaint with the insurance commissioner. I'm just not sure whether to do it here or in the state where the flat occurred.

After all this, we are debating keeping the roadside service.

Just sent you a direct email. If you can respond to that, I will address this with our roadside provider and work to expedite your claim. From what you describe above, it should be paid and if so, it will be.

Ted

Just sent you a direct email. If you can respond to that, I will address this with our roadside provider and work to expedite your claim. From what you describe above, it should be paid and if so, it will be.

Ted

Replied. Thanks for reaching out.

Back