• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Food Vendors @ the 2011 Rally

The souse is sweet and sour and we can get some really small printing and paste it on the side of the box. Will you eat some then?????

That depends on how much beer you ply me with in the beer tent. :buds

I hope this year someone has contacted the following vendors:

http://www.tastykake.com/

http://www.genosteaks.com/

http://www.habbersettscrapple.com/

http://amorosobaking.com/

My intent is inquirering about the small individual vendors that might provide these specialties and not interested in a certain (name with held) large food provisioner...without these local vendors then IMHO the Pa. Rally ain't real deal !!

Example: When I attended the Redmond Rally..there was a vendor hawking what was supposedly a certain Pa. City named cheese steak..when I asked what where the ingredients or what cheese they where using..all I got was a dumb look...

Lets support the real deal and provide local cuisine as an unique experience to this years Rally.

Regards,

Clay
Kimberton,Pa.

Hello and greetings from your friendly neighborhood Rally Food Chair!

I'm headed to Bloomsburg today to meet with several local restaurant owners and food vendors to get their commitment for the '11 Rally.

Keep the comments coming and I'll do my best to accommodate as many request as possible.

Tastykakes? I can probably convince a vendor that usually doesn't do breakfast foods to supply various Tastykake products and coffee. Cheesesteaks? I grew up an hour outside of Philly and didn't have a real cheesesteak until I moved to West Philly. BTW, Abner's Cheesesteaks at 38th and Chesnut was WAY better than Pat's or Geno's (IMHO). Unless someone can find an authentic mobile vendor that's willing to drive to Bloomsburg, you're not going to get an authentic cheesesteak up in the coal regions of PA. Heck... the only two places I've found in the Harrisburg area that have good steak sandwiches both run to Philly every day to get their rolls. :eat

If anyone has a line on a local food vendor that would like to work the Rally, send me a PM and I'll make contact to review the Fairground rules.

Hello and greetings from your friendly neighborhood Rally Food Chair!

I'm headed to Bloomsburg today to meet with several local restaurant owners and food vendors to get their commitment for the '11 Rally.

Keep the comments coming and I'll do my best to accommodate as many request as possible.

Tastykakes? I can probably convince a vendor that usually doesn't do breakfast foods to supply various Tastykake products and coffee. Cheesesteaks? I grew up an hour outside of Philly and didn't have a real cheesesteak until I moved to West Philly. BTW, Abner's Cheesesteaks at 38th and Chesnut was WAY better than Pat's or Geno's (IMHO). Unless someone can find an authentic mobile vendor that's willing to drive to Bloomsburg, you're not going to get an authentic cheesesteak up in the coal regions of PA. Heck... the only two places I've found in the Harrisburg area that have good steak sandwiches both run to Philly every day to get their rolls. :eat

If anyone has a line on a local food vendor that would like to work the Rally, send me a PM and I'll make contact to review the Fairground rules.

Contact Dan Amoroso,W3DI,owner of Amoroso's Bread Co.,( one of the secrets of a Philly Cheese Steak) he has a lot of contacts in the Philly Food industry. Say Clay AA3JY sent ya..he'll know..

http://amorosobaking.com/

Last edited:
I've actually been to the Amoroso bakery to pick up rolls for an event I was organizing many years ago. And you're right - the rolls are one of the secrets.

I'll give Dan a shout so see if he can hook me up with a few good vendors. Thanks!

Yep... chicken and waffles will be on the menu come July.

The food vendor base is shaping up nicely. We'll have the breakfast vendors ready to serve at 06:00 and the late night crowd will still be able to grab fourth meal up to 11:00 pm.

:eat :eat :eat

Yep... chicken and waffles will be on the menu come July.

The food vendor base is shaping up nicely. We'll have the breakfast vendors ready to serve at 06:00 and the late night crowd will still be able to grab fourth meal up to 11:00 pm.

:eat :eat :eat

Breakfast: Ponhaus with syrup
Lunch: Chicken Corn Soup
Dinner: Ham Pot Pie
Desert: Triple Bypass

Nope. Deep fried Oreos are on one of the vendor's menus. After the contracts are signed, I'll post up a summary of the offerings we'll have at the rally. :deal

The rally might be to far north.

They were a big hit during the fall fair.

There is a southern influence and flavor here. The Civil War monument in Shamokin was crafted by a sympathizer who took payment before the dedication, then skipped town leaving a tribute to those fallen in the rebellion. In Benton, we had the Fishing Creek Confederacy that required Lincoln to send troops to Bloomsburg to quell the insurgency. One has to know that this area had many woven industries that needed southern cotton and there were many farmers that didn't wish to rush off to war and leave their holdings unattended.

I hope folks do not think negatively about the southern influence. Because this area was a popular hub for the Underground Railroad and our forefathers enjoyed the spirited Negro League that played baseball on the fairgrounds. There is also an eastern and southern European influence added to our community to compliment the long establish German community.

Many of our members will enjoy the vast blend of spice and culture that the Susquehanna Valley offers. Our Food Chair Jeff is going to great lenghts to get us well fed and to feature our ethnic heritage.

Great job Jeff! It sounds like all will be well fed...and that is a good thing indeed! Keep us posted!! :eat

give me veggies

All this talk of food makes me hungry!
Seriously, I really enjoyed the fresh vegetable vendor at the Johnson City rally. And based on their sales weÔÇÖre not the only ones. Would be nice to see something like that, or available close by, at this rally. I know you can go to any grocery store and buy fresh veggies but we prefer locally grown, for both health and economic reasons.
So, is an onsite fresh veggie vendor a possibility or at least a listing of farmers markets in the area.

Funny you should ask. We discussed this in Bloomsburg Wednesday evening and I just received an e-mail that the local farmer's market is VERY interested in vending fruits, veggies and baked goods at the rally. They usually run their market on Thursdays and Saturdays so I'll have to get more details if they can vend Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Also, as Statdawg listed earlier in this thread, there is an organic farm nearby that will be a worthwhile destination. I believe that they are only open on Saturday but more information will be available at the Rally.

Thank your Rally Chairs for listing an on-site Farmer's Market as a high priority for this year's event. :clap

Thanks for looking into having the farmer's market there. It really helps those of us who are celiacs and on a gluten-free diet to have something we can eat. When you can't eat anything with wheat, oats, rye, barley in it you are very limited at fairgrounds!

Holly

Back