• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post A Picture of Your Thumper

New one 2011 G650GS for my better half.This will have to do for now.

maggysbikeinthebox.jpg

Last edited:
OK, here it is.The only reason is on the trailer i did not had a ride to the dealership.

She will see it tomorrow.

biedronkaonthetrailer.jpg

Trailer?

The bike looks great, good luck! I hope to have one in the next few weeks. I'm actually curious about the trailer? Were did you get it / cost? How does it handle with just the front strap? Did you set it up for the bike yourself?

The bike looks great, good luck! I hope to have one in the next few weeks. I'm actually curious about the trailer? Were did you get it / cost? How does it handle with just the front strap? Did you set it up for the bike yourself?

Trailer is build by my self,its a 1/8 2x3 square tubbing all way around(its 5'X8'4"),i know its overkill but works great and don't twist going down the road.I'm using dexter 2000# axle,leaf spring suspension and 12" wheels (i can use up to 15" wheels but set up as is works great with minimal drag keeping fuel consumption to minimal).I use canyon dancer strap with only two ratcheting straps, compressing the forks down and forward will keep the bike inside the tire chock and trust me it will not jump over it.If on longer trip I install third strap thru the rear wheel.
Cost of build is less then $650 not including my labor.To cheap to pay my self.lol.

I own roadside service company and provide motorcycle towing so this trailer is used daily.

RT Johnny. Yes I know, I can't spell.

Trailer is build by my self,its a 1/8 2x3 square tubbing all way around(its 5'X8'4"),i know its overkill but works great and don't twist going down the road.I'm using dexter 2000# axle,leaf spring suspension and 12" wheels (i can use up to 15" wheels but set up as is works great with minimal drag keeping fuel consumption to minimal).I use canyon dancer strap with only two ratcheting straps, compressing the forks down and forward will keep the bike inside the tire chock and trust me it will not jump over it.If on longer trip I install third strap thru the rear wheel.
Cost of build is less then $650 not including my labor.To cheap to pay my self.lol.

I own roadside service company and provide motorcycle towing so this trailer is used daily.

RT Johnny. Yes I know, I can't spell.

Did not want to make fun of your spelling. Just thought that there might have been an interesting play on words that escaped me.

You sure did get a great looking bike! Enjoy.

we just lower the bike 2" in the back and 1.25' in the front.

She like it even more,for new rider(still in training) make it easier.

X Challenge

Don't visit here often.. Need to hang out here a little more frequently..

We did a bunch of passes in CO. Tin Cup, Mosquito, Hancock, Schofeld, too much fun..

Misquito2.jpg

At Sheep Mountain Lodge, AK on the way to Dawson City, YK and D2D 2011!

Attachments

• D2D 2011-24.jpg
    D2D 2011-24.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 406
that's rad. kissin cousins. :love

the more I see those g650g's the more they look smart.
thanks for sharing!
-tp

Congrats!

Good luck with the new bike. Is that a BMW tail bag? How do you like it?

98 f650

Early morning, looking West, moonset with sunrise at my back. Borrego Springs.

Attachments

• GSPD 298.jpg
    GSPD 298.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:
Back