• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from Texas(UK actually !)

brightonboy

Thank you for accepting me- I am excited to join the community.
After 3 score years and more, I am a first time BMW owner.
Just acquired a 1978R100RS Motorsport edition and looking forward to getting to know her !

Welcome to the forum and to BMW, and Howdy Y'all! You picked a good one to start with! :thumb Would love to see a picture...or two.

We are glad to have you. That bike is considered to be an iconic model. Please consider joining the Airheads Beemer Club.

airheads.org

That group is populated with a great many folk who are well learned in airhead mythology and can help you learn to care for your new ride.
All the best,
James A...

A Unicorn ?

IMG_1203.PNGHi 20774(and others)

Here are a couple of pictures.
My research continues but I believe she may be a rare R100SRS model

Schweeeeeeet! :thumb

Good Luck with your "newfound" heirloom! I am about to register my original BMW in Alabama (other issues presently superseding)...

Don't know nuttin about Houston, but DO wend your way toward Bent Wheel Grill, Leakey, TX. U will enjoy that neighborhood as well as that particular "waterin' hole!" :eat - :beer - :yum

I'm "1/2" British, so Good to have U aboard mate!
Should U find yourself in/near HSV, look me/us up!

CHEERS, HSV-Phil & HSV Karen

2014 K-GT
2009 F650GS twin
1975 R90S orange...

Soon to Celebrate Apollo 11 - 50 Big Ones...
https://www.rocketcenter.com/apollo50

Welcome to the club. Nice bike. My wife has family in Pearland and the UK (Thornton & Tarelton,) as we visit both quite regularly. Hope to see you around. We are currently in Wales on a motorbike road trip.

Cheers,
William

Welcome to the club. Nice bike. My wife has family in Pearland and the UK (Thornton & Tarelton,) as we visit both quite regularly. Hope to see you around. We are currently in Wales on a motorbike road trip.

Cheers,
William

Hi William,
Thank you for the greeting.
I am in Pearland for work occasionally.
I KNOW the scenery in Wales would have been "easy on the eyes"- I hope the Welsh weather cooperated !!

John
(Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way !)

Thanks for the tip

Schweeeeeeet! :thumb

Good Luck with your "newfound" heirloom! I am about to register my original BMW in Alabama (other issues presently superseding)...

Don't know nuttin about Houston, but DO wend your way toward Bent Wheel Grill, Leakey, TX. U will enjoy that neighborhood as well as that particular "waterin' hole!" :eat - :beer - :yum

I'm "1/2" British, so Good to have U aboard mate!
Should U find yourself in/near HSV, look me/us up!

CHEERS, HSV-Phil & HSV Karen

2014 K-GT
2009 F650GS twin
1975 R90S orange...

Soon to Celebrate Apollo 11 - 50 Big Ones...

https://www.rocketcenter.com/apollo50

Hello 1/2 British HSV Phil and HSV Karen,
Thanks for the tip.
I have heard of the Bent Wheel in Leakey before but have not yet visited.
If I find myself in the area I will pop in for a good old cup of tea !

Brighton Boy
(Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way !)

Back